OTC any bull trail cam picís - Page 3 - Utah Wildlife Network

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,441
Threads: 64,274
Posts: 692,719
Welcome to our newest member, birddog
Like Tree44Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
pollo70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Roy, UT
Posts: 386
Default

Nice Bulls!
pollo70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-01-2020, 01:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
goosefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverton
Posts: 2,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmitty View Post
Sweet bulls, how did the last 2 seasons go?
Sept 2019
Biggest 4x4 Iv ever seen. I thought he was a 5x5 until half way through skinning him I noticed he was a 4..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2E49C075-4A36-4C7A-A90C-83E3E443BAE4_1593627626667.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	142369  
__________________
-Feet Down-
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2020, 12:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 21
Default

Wow, that's an interesting bull. Nice!
tmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-15-2020, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 325
Default

Congrats on finding and working that spot. Your pictures are AMAZING!!! I've been considering getting a few cameras this year to put out in the spot I hunted last year, but I don't want them stolen. The spot I found is definitely accessible by others and while it's not the ideal far into the backcountry spot I want to hunt, I think it's definitely a special place considering the amount of sign and bulls I found.

Since you've been hunting that area for 10+ years, have you noticed whether your hunting activity and kills affect the bulls using that area?

Last year was my first year hunting elk... I put in a TON of time and effort and also got lucky of course. I ended up arrowing a 4x5. In that area, I found a lot of sign, saw quite a few cows but not in large groups, and at least 2 spikes and one branched bull other than the one I shot. The other branched bull was a 5x5 or 6x6 that jumped up from a bed after my bull bolted. I was on a superb trail they were using to get to their beds and it looked like they'd been using it for a quite a few years. I was intending to just sit near the trail hoping they'd pass by in the middle of the day to get to or leave their beds and I happened to stalk to within range of a bull that was already bedded down near there.

I was considering going elsewhere this year to give that area a chance to "cool off". I spent about 24 hours tracking and then getting that bull out by myself, so I've been a bit worried that I got too much of my scent scattered near their bedding area and they may not by as likely to use it this year. Then again, I'm sure that whole area is just loaded with rifle hunters every year, so it may not have made any difference for this year. This is where I wanted to get some cameras put up so I can see if they're still using it.

Also, it's my wife's first year ever hunting, so I thought it would be awesome to be able to have her archery hunt that spot this year, if I didn't blow them all out of there last year.

Thoughts?

And what type of Moultrie cameras are you using? I haven't bought any yet, but was hoping I could find a decent quality camera for $50-65 max. Your pictures look pretty solid.
rtockstein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2020, 12:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
goosefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverton
Posts: 2,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtockstein View Post
Congrats on finding and working that spot. Your pictures are AMAZING!!! I've been considering getting a few cameras this year to put out in the spot I hunted last year, but I don't want them stolen. The spot I found is definitely accessible by others and while it's not the ideal far into the backcountry spot I want to hunt, I think it's definitely a special place considering the amount of sign and bulls I found.

Since you've been hunting that area for 10+ years, have you noticed whether your hunting activity and kills affect the bulls using that area?

Last year was my first year hunting elk... I put in a TON of time and effort and also got lucky of course. I ended up arrowing a 4x5. In that area, I found a lot of sign, saw quite a few cows but not in large groups, and at least 2 spikes and one branched bull other than the one I shot. The other branched bull was a 5x5 or 6x6 that jumped up from a bed after my bull bolted. I was on a superb trail they were using to get to their beds and it looked like they'd been using it for a quite a few years. I was intending to just sit near the trail hoping they'd pass by in the middle of the day to get to or leave their beds and I happened to stalk to within range of a bull that was already bedded down near there.

I was considering going elsewhere this year to give that area a chance to "cool off". I spent about 24 hours tracking and then getting that bull out by myself, so I've been a bit worried that I got too much of my scent scattered near their bedding area and they may not by as likely to use it this year. Then again, I'm sure that whole area is just loaded with rifle hunters every year, so it may not have made any difference for this year. This is where I wanted to get some cameras put up so I can see if they're still using it.

Also, it's my wife's first year ever hunting, so I thought it would be awesome to be able to have her archery hunt that spot this year, if I didn't blow them all out of there last year.

Thoughts?

And what type of Moultrie cameras are you using? I haven't bought any yet, but was hoping I could find a decent quality camera for $50-65 max. Your pictures look pretty solid.
We’re you on the north or south slope?

The elk will still be around in the same area. Your sent will only push them for a day. There are other factors that are more likely to have a long term effect on elk like drought, predators, etc..

My cameras are the A30i...I spent about $70 on each.
__________________
-Feet Down-
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
goosefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverton
Posts: 2,122
Default

Trail Camera pictures in the GS Any Bull Unit 2020!
Im focusing on Bears this year since I have a tag for the same area that I hunt elk in the GS unit. I'll get an elk tag as usual but, wont hunt elk until I kill my bear. Besides, I still have an AZ elk tag to fill.

Nevertheless, I always run at least 1 or 2 cameras to see whats out there this year! here are my first pic's of 2020.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	117075650_3768312539870019_8841398168050717695_o.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	143021   Click image for larger version

Name:	117189937_3768312716536668_8335795833107058724_o.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	143023   Click image for larger version

Name:	117170379_3768312389870034_5732325810141423606_o.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	143025   Click image for larger version

Name:	117055303_3768311383203468_7698177079102978204_o.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	143027   Click image for larger version

Name:	117167320_3768312919869981_1696662260724061551_o.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	143029  

Click image for larger version

Name:	117033371_3768313056536634_3604286565932612769_o.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	143031   Click image for larger version

Name:	116594008_3768313099869963_8316765733843892645_o.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	143033   Click image for larger version

Name:	116910836_3768312279870045_1730334166155997805_o.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	143035   Click image for larger version

Name:	116895812_3768311823203424_2756314809447493179_o.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	143037   Click image for larger version

Name:	117164609_3768311543203452_2058614703968252809_o.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	143039  

wyogoob, CPAjeff and pollo70 like this.
__________________
-Feet Down-
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
goosefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverton
Posts: 2,122
Default

And here are a couple more (2020) They came in to investigate my bear bait crib
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	117149752_3768312876536652_8253571255182031462_o.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	143041   Click image for larger version

Name:	116887430_3768313656536574_3316169433106410465_o.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	143043   Click image for larger version

Name:	116632428_3768312593203347_2900011876932252760_o.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	143045  
wyogoob and CPAjeff like this.
__________________
-Feet Down-

Last edited by goosefreak; 08-04-2020 at 10:46 PM.
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2020, 03:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefreak View Post
Trail Camera pictures in the GS Any Bull Unit 2020!
Im focusing on Bears this year since I have a tag for the same area that I hunt elk in the GS unit. I'll get an elk tag as usual but, wont hunt elk until I kill my bear. Besides, I still have an AZ elk tag to fill.

Nevertheless, I always run at least 1 or 2 cameras to see whats out there this year! here are my first pic's of 2020.

Nice Iíd shoot any of those. Being first elk and all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brettski7 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 509
Default

What? No tantrums or toddler fits on here cuz someone else is watching the same piece of public land you are? Why arenít you trying to figure out their identity using this platform? Or are you trying to maintain your perfect sportsmanlike appearance on here still?
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
goosefreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverton
Posts: 2,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMeat View Post
What? No tantrums or toddler fits on here cuz someone else is watching the same piece of public land you are? Why aren’t you trying to figure out their identity using this platform? Or are you trying to maintain your perfect sportsmanlike appearance on here still?
Easy Shaun, I didn’t throw a tantrum. All your followers were accusing me of things that were un true. I simply gave back some of their own medicine..
RandomElk16 likes this.
__________________
-Feet Down-
goosefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Smilies
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some Help!!!! where to Elk hunt Archery Any Bull OTC blackdeath Big game 53 07-25-2015 09:35 PM
Some Any Bull trail cam love inbowrange Big game 19 07-29-2014 10:00 AM
Give me your top pic for a trail cam under $200 Sako General hunting and hunting gear 0 12-27-2009 12:03 PM
Is this guy poaching? (Trail Cam pic) fixed blade XC-3 Big game 31 11-15-2009 09:00 PM
Trail Cam Pic- WTF longdraw Archery 29 08-10-2009 11:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.