As the Jazz return to play, some articles/thoughts for some of you - Page 2 - Utah Wildlife Network

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,842
Threads: 63,352
Welcome to our newest member, Manningup
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2020, 12:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
So you agree with the 1st Amendment, so long as the expression aligns with what you think is best? Otherwise they should keep it to themselves? C’mon man!

I don’t care if people disagree, and even if they say so. It’s the vitriol and immediate accusations that I don’t get. I think it’s unnecessary and I’m worn out by it. And that goes for the vitriol on both sides! Those saying they don’t support players doing this aren’t the only ones that might need to take a step back and listen.
I didn’t word that well. My point there is simply, hold yourself to the standard you believe in, don’t hold other to the standard you believe in because everyone’s experience is different. Every individual should do what they feel is right, and also respect others for doing what they feel is right. I’m saying expecting others to feel the exact same way/see things the same way is just dumb. Let others live/do as they please with their freedom, throwing vitriol at them for something you disagree with is more against what the flag and anthem stand for that anything like kneeling.

Also, don’t support the kneeling? Wait 10 minutes and turn on the game after it’s over and don’t kneel yourself. Respect others and their experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join BHA:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by #1DEER 1-I; 07-30-2020 at 12:55 PM.
#1DEER 1-I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DEER 1-I View Post
I didn’t word that well. My point there is simply, hold yourself to the standard you believe in, don’t hold other to the standard you believe in because everyone’s experience is different. Every individual should do what they feel is right, and also respect others for doing what they feel is right. I’m saying expecting others to feel the exact same way/see things the same way is just dumb.
Couldn't agree more! It's an ironic comment here, though.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
PBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DEER 1-I View Post
Let others live/do as they please with their freedom, throwing vitriol at them for something you disagree with is more against ...

This. ^^

This is exactly what I don't understand in our current state. Society more and more wants choices. And society wants these choices to be acceptable by the majority, instead of only the minority. Choices like abortion. Choices like which gender you wish to identify as on any day of the week. Choices like which bathroom you wish to use based off which gender you choose to be at that particular time. Choices, choices, choices....

....right up until a mask comes into play. Then there is no choice. Now you are forced to wear a mask, no matter what your personal opinion or decision is. Vitriol is thrown at you as soon as you disagree with a mask...

It's a two-way street. Whether the subject is racial equality, recreational drug use, pro-choice vs. life, LGBTQ, or any other number of issues. It should be respected on both sides of the issue. But it isn't. If you have issues with a person that has a penis between their legs going into the women's restroom - then you are labeled as a bad person.

Our society is really screwed up.
Vanilla and CPAjeff like this.

Nately: ‘Anything worth living for, is worth dying for.’
Sacrilegious old man: ‘And anything worth dying for, is certainly worth living for.'
PBH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Goof

I started to think we were too free. What a pathetic feeling, right?

I realized it was the politicization of freedom (I should say manipulation) that has made it bad. That's where those "choices" that PBH spoke about above came into play.

That's why people are afraid of a drug FDA approved for decades, but are open to a brand new vaccine with no long term results created by a software mogul.

See. I hate this crap. Lets play some darn basketball folks!!!
RandomElk16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

LII U.S. Code Title 36. PATRIOTIC AND NATIONAL OBSERVANCES, CEREMONIES, AND ORGANIZATIONS Subtitle I. Patriotic and National Observances and Ceremonies Part A. Observances and Ceremonies Chapter 3. NATIONAL ANTHEM, MOTTO, FLORAL EMBLEM, MARCH, AND TREE Section 301. National anthem
36 U.S. Code § 301.National anthem
U.S. Code
Notes
prev | next
(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1)when the flag is displayed—
(A)individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B)members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C)all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2)when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
(Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

That being said I agree with the sentiments that have said everyone has a right to their opinion, and when I took an oath to serve and protect the Constitution of the United States that included the 1st amendment and everyone's right to their opinion and ability to express it. That includes those who kneel and those who feel that to "take a knee" is disrespectful.

I personally don't think that professional sports is the place but others do and that is okay with me.

Professional sports is not that important to me so I have chose not to participate in watching until they remove politics and resume just playing the game.

The more I thought about it and all the hysteria involved I thought it was a waste of my time and it didn't mean too much to me. I don't miss it and spend the time doing things that are more important to me.

I have met and had my picture taken with many professional NFL players and have foot balls signed by Jim Kelly, Jon Gruden and Michael Vick they don't mean much to me either.

The sports that mean the most to me now involve a gun or a bow and not a ball.

And to add a little levity to express my feelings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Basketball trained seal.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	143011  
Critter and Dunkem like this.

Sometimes bravery has been considered stupidity, but never has stupidity been considered bravery.
bowgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2020, 07:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Interesting,

Sometimes bravery has been considered stupidity, but never has stupidity been considered bravery.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Since I have already killed this thread.... I know it's a little dated but was just sent to me,

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in