> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,250
Threads: 63,944
Welcome to our newest member, minnichelmsdeep
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2020, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Truck shopping stress

I've decided to move on from my 1998 dodge 1500. I've had my truck for 18 years but it's now time to part ways. I can't believe how stressful it is trying to decide on a replacement in my price range (under 15k). I'm looking to replace it with a 3/4 ton that can pull a heavy 26" bumper pull camp trailer, which my 5.9 360 engine really struggles doing.

Anyone else stress over buying a car/truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just bought a new Silverado, you would think truck shopping would be kinda fun, aside from the money but no, it was 2 of the worst 2 weeks I've spent in a long time. The salesmen will tell you anything to get you on the lot thinking they can talk you into what they have, even though you gave them a short list of must haves and what they have doesn't even check half the boxes. Good luck, I don't envy you in your search.
SCS_Bg_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

I watched a thing on the news today that said that used truck prices are up around 31% right now and that the used truck supply is very low on the dealers lots.

Now this is in Colorado but I hear that Utah is in the same boat.

They are saying that everyone now wants a truck. I guess that they need one to bug out in.
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
I watched a thing on the news today that said that used truck prices are up around 31% right now and that the used truck supply is very low on the dealers lots.

Now this is in Colorado but I hear that Utah is in the same boat.

They are saying that everyone now wants a truck. I guess that they need one to bug out in.
I'm shocked by all the newer trucks I see around the salt lake valley. Even at the grocery store, 1/3 of the vehicles are trucks.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

People have money to spend on them.

I have a 24 year old Ford diesel that is going to have to make it a few more years.

A few weeks ago I was offered $10,000 for it when I was fueling up, but the problem is how am I going to replace it?
Old 10-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I looked up Jerry Steiner GMC day before yesterday to see what their inventory was... they had exactly ZERO 3/4 GMCs in stock! Unbelievable... not one single 2500.

It is the absolutely worst time to look for a truck... new or used. Wait till spring at least.

-DallanC
DallanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgetop View Post
Anyone else stress over buying a car/truck?
I'm in the same boat. Brent Brown sent me a text saying they had a couple of what I wanted in stock, so I may pay them a visit next week, but I'm just not sure......
Catherder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

My 2005 GMC only has 106,000 miles. Every dealer I've talked to about other trucks, DROOL over the thought of getting that thing on trade. Its still a really good truck so I'm not in a rush to unload it. Got a new Oil Pressure gauge on order to fix the pegged needle... its the only thing wrong with the entire truck.

-DallanC
DallanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 11:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am extremely lucky to have a 2015 Ram 1 ton 4 door long bed with only 34k on it.
It stays in my shop out of the sun.
I dread having to replace it and just hope it outlasts me.
Other than killer interest rates if you can work it in your favor, I agree with Dallan, do whatever you need to if you can possibly wait until spring.
shaner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2020, 06:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

I had a great experience last December when I purchased a new Cummins. They (Ken Garff W.V.) showed me the truck I was wanting. In fact they showed me many trucks.

Once I decided what one I wanted we started crunching numbers. I had a # on my trade, and they had a # too. I drove off the lot in my old truck and before I made it two blocks they were on the phone asking me to come back. I dint go back and stuck to my guns on the price of both trucks.

About an hour later I get a call from the manager and he wanted me to come back. I said only if you agree to the $$ I am willing to accept for the trade and the $$ of the new truck. Now mind you, I spent a few days doing my homework on truck prices and also trade price.

He would agree on the $$ ONLY if my credit was where I told them it was. DONT allow a dealership to pull your credit without coming to an agreement on a deal FIRST!! It's a "hard hit" on your credit. Anyway... I gave him the information needed to pull the report and five minutes later he said I could come and get my new Cummins.

They had it all washed up and looking like a Prom Queen when I got there.
bowgy likes this.
taxidermist is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in