CHEVY 6.2 L 1/2 TON - Page 2 - Utah Wildlife Network

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,240
Threads: 63,923
Posts: 687,420
Welcome to our newest member, Hubby20
Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2020, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Lone_Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Covid World or Mountains
Posts: 986
Default

This might be a bit of a jump from a 6.2, but I've a 2500HD with an 8.1 gasser and an Alison transmission, and i WISH I had a diesel. It's a thirsty beast that I wish I could put another tank in the bed behind the cab, but won't because I don't care to be driving a freaking bomb - and sometimes I wish I could just let it idle for one reason or another.

Tows OK though, but I need to watch my RPM's going uphill.
__________________
"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."

Last edited by Lone_Hunter; 10-20-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Lone_Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2020, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hunting777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Out hunting with my kids or in Elwood
Posts: 1,458
Default

I'll trade you my Duramax for it !!!

What kind of mileage are you getting? I have heard those are great trucks, but like you mentioned. Likes to drink the fuel. A good friend of mine said that he is getting 12 highway 8 - 10 around town and won't tell me what he gets when pulling.
__________________
"""""""""You cant have fun till you get lead in the Air."""""""""
hunting777 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2020, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fowlmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Farmington Bay
Posts: 6,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Hunter View Post
This might be a bit of a jump from a 6.2, but I've a 2500HD with an 8.1 gasser and an Alison transmission, and i WISH I had a diesel. It's a thirsty beast that I wish I could put another tank in the bed behind the cab, but won't because I don't care to be driving a freaking bomb - and sometimes I wish I could just let it idle for one reason or another.

Tows OK though, but I need to watch my RPM's going uphill.
I would have kept my Ford Superduty, but that V-10 liked to drink as well. Gas mileage was never consistent, anywhere from 8.5-13 mpg. towing or not.
__________________
It's only skybusting if you miss
Fowlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2020, 06:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,137
Default

My past four Cummins averaged 20mpg freeway and 12 pulling a 14,000lb trailer.


Had a F-350 with the 6.0 POWERJOKE and I was 13 freeway and 7-9 pulling the same trailer. My 2018 Cummins is getting 19-21 freeway and 13 pulling 10,000lb trailer.


Before my 2018 I had a F-150 Ecco Joke and that thing was just a pile of doo doo! Couldn't pull a **** thing, and when I did pull my SxS the best I got was 9mpg. Average freeway was 14mpg.
taxidermist is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2020, 09:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Lone_Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Covid World or Mountains
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting777 View Post
I'll trade you my Duramax for it !!!

What kind of mileage are you getting? I have heard those are great trucks, but like you mentioned. Likes to drink the fuel. A good friend of mine said that he is getting 12 highway 8 - 10 around town and won't tell me what he gets when pulling.



Sounds about right. I think I'm getting like 7-8 MPG while dragging a trailer. Best part is, the gas tank fuel gague sensor is out. So I have to guesstimate how much fuel I have based on the trip meter. I worked out a placard I keep on the driver side visor for a quick reference guide. "TOW and NO TOW".

32-34 gallon tank, at 80 miles on the trip meter, no tow, i've used up 1/4 tank of gas.
__________________
"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."
Lone_Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverton
Posts: 794
Default

Going from diesel to a gasser is like divorcing a hot wife and marrying an ugly one.
Everything works out and you still get the job done, you will just live with a little regret at times.
shaner is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2020, 11:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Where I Hang My Hat
Posts: 8,988
Default

It would be hard to go back to a gas truck after driving a diesel.

That is if you use your truck as a truck.
__________________
If you don't care where you are, you are not lost
Critter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2020, 09:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2full's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Southern Utah
Posts: 1,735
Default

I have 3 - half ton Chevys.
A 98(200 K miles), an 07 (69K miles) I that was my Dad's, and a 13 (74K miles) that I bought 5 years ago. I don't tow much anymore so I've never worried about having a diesel motor. The 98 I use for the mountain, the 07 I use around town, and the 13 I use for my cruiser when we go on trips. All have been good trucks.
The 13 sits in the garage most of the time so I think I'll sell that one, while truck prices are high. It is in really cherry shape. I really don't need 3 trucks.


Or maybe I should sell all 3 and get me a diesel, jack it up, take off the muffler, and get BIG tires.....So I could be COOL !!
2full is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2020, 09:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TPrawitt91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: West Valley City, Utah
Posts: 749
Default

I have a 2014 gmc 2500hd with the 6.0

I love it. Upgraded from my 2006 1500 with the 5.3

Tow my 26 foot trailer 10-15 times a year and do great pulling parleys and other steep canyons. Canít say enough good things. Bought it with 110,000 last June and it just went over 130,000
__________________
@troutbumstories
TPrawitt91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fowlmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Farmington Bay
Posts: 6,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2full View Post
I have 3 - half ton Chevys.
A 98(200 K miles), an 07 (69K miles) I that was my Dad's, and a 13 (74K miles) that I bought 5 years ago. I don't tow much anymore so I've never worried about having a diesel motor. The 98 I use for the mountain, the 07 I use around town, and the 13 I use for my cruiser when we go on trips. All have been good trucks.
The 13 sits in the garage most of the time so I think I'll sell that one, while truck prices are high. It is in really cherry shape. I really don't need 3 trucks.


Or maybe I should sell all 3 and get me a diesel, jack it up, take off the muffler, and get BIG tires.....So I could be COOL !!
If you sell the 2013 give me a chance to look at it please.
__________________
It's only skybusting if you miss
Fowlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Smilies
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.