> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,808
Threads: 63,311
Welcome to our newest member, jessicabyrne11
Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2020, 12:40 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomElk16 View Post

If I was a practical person, that Tundra was one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It ad enough power for being gas and was AMAZING in all elements. Even when traction control was "off" I struggled to get it to do donuts in the snow. It corrected traction so well. Downsides were size for offroad (not that the Ram is small) and gas mileage on those is downright awful. I never had to do anything outside of oil changes though. That's the thing with Tacoma, between the low maintenance and retention of value - they have a really low true cost of value.
I am the original owner of an 07 Tundra with 318K miles, and I endorse the above statement. Solid. I have never seen another brand of truck pull the space shuttle.
Daisy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2020, 02:31 PM   #52 (permalink)

Wasnt it Tundra's that had the frames rusting and breaking in half back east in the rust belt? I remember seeing alot of pictures and discussions... and threats of a class action lawsuit.

*Edit: Lol yes it was. Google "tundra broken frame" and click the images tab... haha

-DallanC
DallanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #53 (permalink)
Senior Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallanC View Post
Wasnt it Tundra's that had the frames rusting and breaking in half back east in the rust belt? I remember seeing alot of pictures and discussions... and threats of a class action lawsuit.

*Edit: Lol yes it was. Google "tundra broken frame" and click the images tab... haha

-DallanC
I mean.. mine was a 2013 which wasn't the ones known for that - and the Rust Belt is a pretty wicked place period.

They also bought them back at like 1.5x their KBB value so I would say that's a solid cost of ownership lol.
RandomElk16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #54 (permalink)

I have been following this thread with some interest as I have a 2004 4 runner (original owner) with almost 200,000 miles that I'm thinking of replacing. The 4 runner has been amazing and has given me no trouble in 16 years. I have been leaning towards the Tundra but may go back to the 4 Runner.

Anyways, thanks for the input and please continue.
Catherder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
I have been following this thread with some interest as I have a 2004 4 runner (original owner) with almost 200,000 miles that I'm thinking of replacing. The 4 runner has been amazing and has given me no trouble in 16 years. I have been leaning towards the Tundra but may go back to the 4 Runner.

Anyways, thanks for the input and please continue.
TRD Offroad anything are freaking great vehicles.
RandomElk16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2020, 09:42 PM   #56 (permalink)

Ok, I have a related question for you all. Unlike some folks, I have to admit that I look forward to buying a new vehicle about the same as I would a colonoscopy appointment. (And I feel like I end up with the same sensation in the end) Nevertheless, I was thinking of waiting until about September to start seriously shopping, with the rationale that the model year will be closing out and the prices/deals will be better. I have done that before with some success. Especially with covid turning the world upside down, is that still a good strategy? Also some manufacturers (including Toyota) are offering 0 interest for 60 or 72 months. I have some cash set aside, but if I don't have to drop it all to get what I want, that might be nice. Or should my efforts be to get a lower price without financing?
Thoughts?
Catherder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2020, 09:56 PM   #57 (permalink)

The problem this year with new vehicles is that the dealers have not been replacing their sold stock.

I have a few dealers a ways away that I drove past this morning and their new vehicle inventory looks like a close out sale happened.

On the zero% interest it is a great way to go. I purchased a new vehicle in 2016 with the zero% interest and have a hard time not just paying it off like I have done with the rest of my vehicles. But I need to keep reminding myself that I am playing with their money and that it isn't costing me a dime to let the loan go full term.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in