> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,443
Threads: 64,278
Welcome to our newest member, Rmanwill
Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2021, 06:39 PM   #61 (permalink)

Default How's the Coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycake View Post
And giving him a Superman Card, right?

But seriously, my wife found these mints this year as a way to cut out the energy drinks and all the extra gunk for me since I already have liver/heart issues genetically. Sugar free, 40mg caffeine per mint, and the peppermint is GOOD.
https://www.goviter.com/

I've gone from 1-2 12oz Red Bulls/day to 1/month maybe. But I pop a lotta mints now!

As a friend I just canít let the big pink can slide. Your foo foo mints are slightly less ominous to your manhood compared to Kwalk3ís big pink can my friend. At least you can easily hide those and no one is the wiser.

I am happy to hear you arenít slamming 2 cans of cancer smarties a day anymore though.

As for the thread topic, my doc tells me that a couple cups of burnt water in the morning will help my liver counter my beer intake so I do a splash of coffee mate just giving it a dark brown not black color and Iím good to go. Instant coffee on backpack hunting and loneís Alaskan coffee at a base camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kwalk3 likes this.

Last edited by 3arabians; 02-19-2021 at 06:54 PM.
3arabians is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2021, 06:49 PM   #62 (permalink)

On instant coffee, I had a friend who would eat two big tablespoons of freeze dried coffee crystals instead of drinking coffee and afterwards he was good to go.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
wyogoob likes this.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #63 (permalink)

When I gave up chewing tobacco I had to have something in my mouth to stave off the cravings, and a 3 finger pinch of coffee grounds helped do the trick. The only side effect was that the overdose of caffeine put me even more on edge during that stressful time. I am told I wasn't a very pleasant person to be around for the first few weeks, might even have been a bit downright ornery. But thanks to coffee I have been tobacco free for over 30 years now.
wyogoob and 2full like this.

Last edited by Kevin D; 02-21-2021 at 07:21 AM.
Kevin D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2021, 10:53 AM   #64 (permalink)
Unbanned

I like my coffee crystal clear and ice cold without any bean juice in it. I might be inclined to drink it if I was having trouble pooping though. I watch the guys at work guzzle that stuff first thing in the morning, then line up at the bathroom.----SS
Old 02-21-2021, 10:58 AM   #65 (permalink)

It does have that affect on some.

I worked with one person that would go to the coffee shop with me in the morning and then go right back to the garage to sit on the throne for a half hour.

It never has had that affect on me.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springville Shooter View Post
I like my coffee crystal clear and ice cold without any bean juice in it. I might be inclined to drink it if I was having trouble pooping though. I watch the guys at work guzzle that stuff first thing in the morning, then line up at the bathroom.----SS
You need to add a little Irish Cream or some Whisky to keep you from running to the Boys Room. That's what I call "Half-N-Half".
wyogoob, Critter and 3arabians like this.
taxidermist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #67 (permalink)

What's the difference between a good Mormon and a bad one?

The temperature of their caffeine. I'll be here all week. You can come see me in my office next week and we'll talk about it. Should be getting released soon so you better hurry up. 5 1/2 years is coming soon.

I love the smell of coffee, and don't mind coffee flavored stuff like coffee candy, french pastries (oh heavenly eclairs), ice cream (ok). Coffee and stale cigarette smell in an old Ford with leather seats? Takes me back to riding with my grandpa on "surprise rides" to Gossners for an ice cream cone.

Energy drinks are horrid. In high school I stayed up late doing something and drank a Red Bull before I reffed Junior Jazz all day. That stuff was horrid. Like bad liquid smarties.

One time I did a triathlon in Bear Lake a few years ago. I normally have some energy goo that I take between the swim and bike to gear up for the run (the worst part) so I don't have an energy crash. Well, I forgot it and we left late. I went to Wal-Mart and got some of that Mio Energy stuff. I didn't look at the directions and squirted probably half the bottle into my water bottle and put it on my bike. That stuff was so bad. Gave me intestinal distress and I felt really bad for the people behind me in the race to run into what I was leaving behind. Come to find out, I didn't realize how much caffeine was in a single shot and I had half a bottle. I was jittery and wired the rest of the day, not in a good way. I hated that feeling.

So, there you have it. Carry on.
wyogoob likes this.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springville Shooter View Post
I watch the guys at work guzzle that stuff first thing in the morning, then line up at the bathroom.----SS
Coffee is rented, not owned.
KineKilla likes this.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:26 PM   #69 (permalink)

Beer is the same way !!
KineKilla likes this.
2full is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #70 (permalink)

Vitamin P(ee)
backcountry is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in