> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,443
Threads: 64,278
Welcome to our newest member, Rmanwill
Like Tree911Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #2301 (permalink)

I have to look back when everyone in the military was all worked up over an anthrax vaccine back in the late 90's and laugh. Imagine the hullabaloo over this covid vaccine back then. That be a hoot.
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #2302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
That's about when it hit me too. The day of the vaccination was pretty normal. My symptoms may have lasted a little longer though.

In all seriousness, not bad overall and certainly not worse than other types of vaccinations I've had in the past.
I received the Moderna vaccine. About 4 hours after receiving it, I noticed my arm was getting sore. From that point on, I gradually felt worse and worse. About 12 hours after I received that second dose, I felt pretty sick--chills, aches, sore throat, and bad headache. I received that second dose at around 8 AM...by about 3 AM, I was totally miserable and unable to sleep. By the next morning, though, my symptoms were getting better and I returned to work as normal. By noon the next day, I felt normal other than my sore arm. The soreness in my arm was gone by the next day.

For me, it was the worst vaccine I have ever received...BUT, I would do it again in a heartbeat and the time frame of feeling lousy didn't last that long.
wyoming2utah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2021, 12:04 AM   #2303 (permalink)
BGD

So close, yet so far away. I am eligible to get vaccine as part of the 18+ comorbidity group coming up very shortly. Just gotta give the 65-69ers a chance to register here in SLCO before they open it up to me sometime in the next few days. My wife got her 2nd dose yesterday as she is a school librarian. Two more weeks and she won’t even have to quarantine if exposed. Well, my 16 year old son tested positive today, meaning the rest of us are now on quarantaine, including my vaccinated wife. I have had a few minor symptoms so am awaiting test results. Kind of a bummer to get just weeks away from the vaccine only to now have positive Covid in our home. But, appears we have no serious illness at this point and cross our fingers it will stay that way.

We have been quite careful, with some strategic risks taken knowing for mental health and sanity sake we couldn’t keep our kids completely locked down. Pretty sure my son got it from a member of his HS Basketball team. We knew we were taking a calculated risk but figured out pretty quick it was necessary for his mental health to have Bball as a social and emotional outlet. Can’t say it wasn’t a nice outlet for me as well to go watch him play ball. Good luck to all awaiting the vax. Hopefully you can get to the finish line before Covid catches up to you.
BGD is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2021, 09:28 PM   #2304 (permalink)

This thread is a little more than a year old now. I didn't imagine winter that we'd actually reach the 500k death milestone in that timeframe. Heartbreaking to consider the scale of the loss.

And then on the other side of the spectrum is the fact that testing and vaccinations have improved enough that my parents actually got to meet their new grandchild today. For a long while I assumed that would be this summer at the earliest. It's pretty spectacular to consider the years of work, research and skill that got us to this point. I'm grateful and relieved despite such a grim milestone.
backcountry is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2021, 05:33 PM   #2305 (permalink)

Looks like initial reporting continues to be positive for the two primary vaccines in the US noticeably reducing risk of transmission. That would be another huge relief.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/fut...moderna-pfizer
Kwalk3 likes this.
backcountry is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #2306 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountry View Post
Looks like initial reporting continues to be positive for the two primary vaccines in the US noticeably reducing risk of transmission. That would be another huge relief.

That was a good read. Part of what was discussed in the article was the poor (and often hysterical) messaging that has gone out by the media and some health experts, breathlessly describing perceived problems and side effects with the vaccine, most of which are in the Captain Obvious expected category. I must admit considerable annoyance with this. And lest the comment be perceived as partisan, both "left" and "right" leaning news outlets have been equally guilty of it.

I sincerely hope this subsides as it just fuels the Oli types in their propagation of misinformation and fear tactics.
Vanilla, Kwalk3 and 7MM RELOADED like this.
Catherder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2021, 10:45 AM   #2307 (permalink)
Senior Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming2utah View Post
I received the Moderna vaccine. About 4 hours after receiving it, I noticed my arm was getting sore. From that point on, I gradually felt worse and worse. About 12 hours after I received that second dose, I felt pretty sick--chills, aches, sore throat, and bad headache. I received that second dose at around 8 AM...by about 3 AM, I was totally miserable and unable to sleep. By the next morning, though, my symptoms were getting better and I returned to work as normal. By noon the next day, I felt normal other than my sore arm. The soreness in my arm was gone by the next day.

For me, it was the worst vaccine I have ever received...BUT, I would do it again in a heartbeat and the time frame of feeling lousy didn't last that long.
It may just be me... but when I hear of reactions 9/10 times they are with Moderna.

I do know a lot of folks who have gotten the Pfizer at this point. 3 with next-day symptoms that lasted basically a day. 2 of the 3 were strong flu-like but fortunately were a day.

I will forever find it strange that after Jan 7th we magically have this STEEP decline curve for case totals. That wasn't the vaccine.
RandomElk16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2021, 10:58 AM   #2308 (permalink)

I'll be getting my first shot this coming Saturday, it will be a Moderna.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:11 AM   #2309 (permalink)

I don't think you get to choose which one you get at this point. You get what they are giving.

But my county is giving Pfizer and I didn't have any reaction to speak of. I have had multiple friends receive the same, again with very little reaction.
middlefork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #2310 (permalink)

Yep, you just get what they have. That is unless you want to wait until all of them are available from a pharmacy or Dr.'s office.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in