> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,520
Threads: 63,078
Welcome to our newest member, waterdes4m
Like Tree669Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #1771 (permalink)

Closer to home and subject....

SW Utah numbers today roughly near recent trends but big spike in hospitalizations. Well below capacity but not a good sign.
backcountry is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 10:17 PM   #1772 (permalink)

Today was nuts out. Stores were packed. Traffic was freaking terrible. Sportsmanís opened up both doors and no counting people in. Costco no longer had a line to let people in but still have to wear a mask. Burger bar was packed but it never slowed down. That mountain man burger was pretty good to lol. Hell I think Iíd rather stayed closed so I can get around easier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brettski7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2020, 04:56 AM   #1773 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettski7 View Post
Today was nuts out. Stores were packed. Traffic was freaking terrible. Sportsmanís opened up both doors and no counting people in. Costco no longer had a line to let people in but still have to wear a mask. Burger bar was packed but it never slowed down. That mountain man burger was pretty good to lol. Hell I think Iíd rather stayed closed so I can get around easier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see what the numbers are next week, as to if there is a spike in cases or not. If low to non existent, that will hasten to alter my slowly changing perception of this pandemic.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2020, 09:23 PM   #1774 (permalink)

Grim milestone today. 100,000 Americans have died in roughly 4 months. Sad reality with a ton of households left to grieve the deaths.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:40 AM   #1775 (permalink)

Tell you what I'm freaking tired of. Is how this Chinese Flu has become a partisan issue. (as an aside, I'm calling it that because I dislike language that disguises the truth). I'll admit, Im very partisan in my view of politics, but enough is enough. On the left, we have complete and total authoritarian lock down. I find it disgusting. On the right, we have a complete and total push in the opposite direction with wanton abandon, and I'm not ok with that either.

In between the two polar extremes, we have..... nothing. I find it representative of the lack of unity in this country. I'm sick of the politicization, and I'm tired of COVID-19.

I also don't know who to believe anymore. All news sources follow what I outlined above. Total left, or total right. Nothing in between. I'd sooner pull out my own teeth with rusty pliers before i watch CNN or MSNBC, but Fox news is pushing to near total right as well. At least last night they were saying tantamount to reopen with caution, however that's not what people are doing. Alternate news sources you always have to be careful of.

About the only thing that really sounds good to me, is the number of tests being conducted vs the number of positive cases. It's about all one can go on as to how much to worry about it. Which, is not much. That said, high risk spouse, means not much changes for me.

To hell with it, we are going turkey hunting this weekend, and hopefully my wife will be able to nail her first gobbler before the season closes on Sunday. At least we have public lands and lots of it. The county lockdowns sucked balls. Not being able to get into the back country is like not being able to breath.
DallanC likes this.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:28 AM   #1776 (permalink)

From what I can tell, all of the drummed up criticism regarding handling the outbreak has come from the democrats. From criticizing Trump for closing the country to then criticizing him for not doing enough earlier, they seem to be using the disease as a way to win the election or gain more control. This latest stimulus package was literally a case of them wasting their time to make a deal that would never pass so they could say Trump blocked them....after another relief package had just been passed.

I knew the democratic party in this country had gotten completely rotten dirty but I'm surprised to see this kind of behavior today. Maybe we should defer the election another year so they can get back to doing some real work instead of trying to create fake outrage.
Jedidiah is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #1777 (permalink)

Cable "news" is just partisan entertainment. I did listen to Hannity on the AM the other morning and at least he was trying to get people to wear masks to help protect fellow citizens and maintain openings. I was impressed that he was willing to take that stand given it runs against the current of much of his audience.

I only use "print" and online news media for reliability anymore. Even then I fact check it the best I can. I think there are plenty of sources still writing quality journalism even if a bit shaded by political perspective (often in what they choose to cover).

I'm moderately hopeful that at least Utah doesn't seem to be getting much worse under looser guidelines. We won't see the bulk of case counts from any Memorial Day spread for another 5+ days but I'm feeling somewhat relieved for the first time in a while. SW Utah is experiencing growth but it hasn't surged yet. If we can live at Yellow without surging caseloads then that seems like a prudent move.

It would be nice to see more people trying to adhere to voluntary guidelines. Seeing so few people without masks in public spaces or even trying to space or limit to limit group size doesn't give me hope that vulnerable households will be able to loosen up anytime soon.

I wish more employers were taking it seriously down here. Hearing about some of the risk management, ie lack of it, leaves me concerned for employees and how we'll fair during a likely second wave this autumn. If they aren't preparing now how are they going to protect employees if/when a second wave overlaps with the flu season?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #1778 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
Maybe we should defer the election another year so they can get back to doing some real work instead of trying to create fake outrage.
Joking? 😬😳
Old 05-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #1779 (permalink)

Of course. Actually this would be the perfect time to create a good system for voting online or with cell phones.
Jedidiah is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #1780 (permalink)
Senior Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
Of course. Actually this would be the perfect time to create a good system for voting online or with cell phones.
Lol.

Hackers could jump into that in their sleep.
RandomElk16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in