Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Dog Food

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  taxidermist 
#1 ·
I feed my lab Black Gold brand food. He seems to like it and doesn't sh!t it out like other food I've feed him.

I was going through the freezer and had a about 1/4 Hog that was two years old, and some beef that needed to be used or tossed. I thought what the hell, and began smoking it and cutting it into chunks. I added some peas, carrots, beets and green beans from the garden. I had about 50# total after I finished up.

Now...… The sh!t head wont eat his regular food.:mad: What's a man to do??

#5 ·
I fed my yellow lab (Hagen) Black Gold for many years. He started getting really skinny in 2017 and I thought he was a gonner. We got the black lab pup (Koda) in July of 2017 when Hagen was getting skinny, and just started feeding both of them Retriever brand dry dog food from Tractor Supply. Maybe it was a fluke thing, but Hagen bounced back and is a thick 12 year old lab now. Koda is very active and looks good to me, but the Vet said he is a bit overweight. They get plenty of table scraps too....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.