»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,129
Threads: 63,741
Welcome to our newest member, jhovatter
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
MooseMeat

Here’s a little “tech tip” as the big deal insta influencers call it:

The biologist info is probably the most accurate info you get. Especially when your other option for obtaining info is on a forum from a bunch of strangers that might send you on a wild goose chase to keep you as far away from their favorite hunting spots as possible. The biologist has access to all the harvest reports from previous hunting seasons. He will know the areas that continue to produce year after year. He also has recommended that seasons cow permit numbers and wants to see those permits filled so the herds he’s in charge of managing, can be as healthy as possible, with the tools and resources he’s given to do so. I’ve talked to many biologists and never once have I had one give me bad info. It’s always been accurate and very helpful. Hell even some fish cops are very helpful. Just today I had one give me info on where he had seen doe antelope recently. Within 10 minutes of that conversation, my wife filled her 2nd tag.

Beyond that, a spotting scope, binos and a little effort on your part will probably be more beneficial than online scouting. But to each their own. It’s a cow elk in the middle of winter. How people struggle filling those tags, is beyond me.
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote