»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,986
Threads: 63,540
Welcome to our newest member, AlexAuba
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 11:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
MooseMeat

In 2015, I came across a feral sheep of some kind while muzzy deer hunting. After a half hour of tracking down phone numbers, I finally got ahold of the biologist for the area and he told me to kill it, bring a lung and his head down to the road and he would meet me there. While I was talking to him about feral animals, the topic of bison came up. About 5 years prior, I came across a big bull bison hanging out with cattle, while I was checking trail cams. I didn’t have a rifle with me and wasn’t sure of the legality of it, but I knew it wasn’t supposed to be anywhere near that area. Anyways, he told me that if I come across a bison outside of an area they are intentionally managed, I could kill it. At that point they are considered feral live stock and are fair game. Same goes with other weird animals that are in places they shouldn’t be. I found another one last spring in the same unit. Again, no rifle on me at the time. I hope someday I do find another one while hunting. That would be the ultimate bonus round!
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote