»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,243
Threads: 63,929
Welcome to our newest member, mcurtis
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bax*
Administrator

My $0.02 wouldn’t be on model but regarding a comment made on rust.

I’d suggest getting a waterfowl gun that’s dipped in camo or black Teflon type coating. You could also have Black Ice cost your metal in Teflon if desired since you want wood. That way you’re not going to get surface rust as easily. Granted 12 year old you took care of things differently than 34 year old you, but it’s piece of mind nonetheless.

I love shotguns and would like one in every gauge if I could afford it. But if you’re just gonna have one, then I’d prefer a 12 gauge. Mainly because you’ll find ammo anywhere and everywhere. And for a survival gun, a 12 gauge would be my first pick over anything due to the variance in shell options to choose from (light bird shot, heavier pheasant loads, buck shot, 3.5” waterfowl loads). Your boy will handle a light 12gauge load every bit as well as a 20 gauge in my observation.

"87% of all internet quotes are made up" - Abraham Lincoln

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bax*; 04-25-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
Bax* is offline   Reply With Quote