Utah Wildlife Network - View Single Post - Reaching out for help in the SL valley

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,115
Threads: 63,704
Welcome to our newest member, Axe
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
fattybinz

Default Reaching out for help in the SL valley

Started hand-loading last year with a lee precision safety scale and a cheap frankfurt arsenal digital scale. Upgraded this year to a chargemaster lite. Its a long story but basically I'm pretty sure my chargemaster reads .01 grains too high. Did all the usual troubleshooting (extended warm-up, room temperature environment, no static, no electronics nearby, level, no fans, no vents, no fluorescent lights) Bought a set of Lyman check weights but I have reason to believe those are slightly off as well since my frankfurt arsenal and beam scale read some of the weights to be .1-.2 grains high. The reviews for the said some of the check weights are .1-.2 too heavy. Basically, I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure this out, and having check weights that may be off isn't helping. I live in West Jordan and work in South Jordan; is there anybody nearby, or even anywhere in the valley, that has a dead-on, super accurate, beam or digital scale that would have me over for a bit to test these check weights and to file them down if needed? It'd just be so nice to have the confidence of having something to compare my scales too. The doubt is killing me. If you are super generous then maybe I can bring my chargemaster over to compare some weights as well. I'd be in your debt and you'd be saving me a lot of anxiety over this. Thanks in advance.
fattybinz is offline   Reply With Quote