Utah Wildlife Network - View Single Post - any upland labs?

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,837
Threads: 63,336
Welcome to our newest member, Aadhyaverma
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
johnnycake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
My apologies to johnnycake and gdog for failing the spelling bee on how to spell Drahthaar 🤭, and the statement about GWP as Drathwar after passing a vigorous test. I didn't realize that my phone autocorrected, my bad. Also my bad for not doing further research myself on how the dog originated. (The Verein Deutsch Drahthaar is the breed’s parent club in Germany. Dogs bred under the VDD breeding regulations are called “Deutsch Drahthaars” to differentiate them from those bred outside the VDD under other registries such as the North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association or the American Kennel Club. Beyond that, the German wirehaired pointer and the Deutsch Drahthaar are essentially the same.)

There is a good article on gun dog breed profiles at gundogmag.com

What ever you choose for your next pup have fun building life long memories with it.
Just razzin ya a bit! I enjoy poking fun at the DD guys as they tend to make a big distinctions between DDs and GWPs. Whereas GWP owners typically say exactly what you said.

Doesn't matter, both of 'em are just pudelpointers muddled up with some other breeds to try to make them a bit meaner, nuttier and uglier
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote