> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,237
Threads: 63,923
Welcome to our newest member, dawsdeezy
Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default More Rollbacks

More good news for hunters and outdoorsmen:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm...mp-pushes-new/

How can anybody hate sage grouse?:

https://www.opb.org/article/2020/11/...se-protection/

Stupid is as stupid does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

How can anyone hate constitutional amendments protecting hunting and fishing? Oh sorry, wrong thread. I got confused.

Yeah. I don't like these moves by the administration on their way out the door.
Seems irresponsible and they are showing their true colors as far as a disregard for conservation in these instances. Hopefully, there won't be anything irreparably damaging happening before January......

Speaking of showing true colors, I also think when you post stuff like this it's kinda counterproductive. You've proven to be overtly partisan to the point that even when you post stuff that is important, it is so colored by your previous interactions and proven biases that I think people are turned off by it. I know I am, and I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable person.
Buckfinder, Critter, SX3 and 1 others like this.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwalk3 View Post
How can anyone hate constitutional amendments protecting hunting and fishing? Oh sorry, wrong thread. I got confused.

Yeah. I don't like these moves by the administration on their way out the door.
Seems irresponsible and they are showing their true colors as far as a disregard for conservation in these instances. Hopefully, there won't be anything irreparably damaging happening before January......

Speaking of showing true colors, I also think when you post stuff like this it's kinda counterproductive. You've proven to be overtly partisan to the point that even when you post stuff that is important, it is so colored by your previous interactions and proven biases that I think people are turned off by it. I know I am, and I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable person.
I never said I hated that amendment, I said it was an empty gesture. I voted against it on those grounds. I voted against Trump in part because of his continuous and unrelenting assaults against our public lands and the environment. One would think all outdoorsmen would do the same, as doing so would do more to protect our interests than Amendment E.

I agree that you are confused. My posts aren't partisan, they are based on the policies of our elected representatives. It's illogical, and, despite your self-assessment, unreasonable, to say you support hunting and fishing rights and yet support administrations that deliberately roll back environmental protections, reduce monuments, advocate selling off public lands, allow coal ash dumping into our streams, allow drilling in the ANWR, threaten sage grouse, etc, etc. If the parties switched policies, I'd support the Republican agenda. I don't see that happening any time soon.

I will continue to point out the cognitive dissonance, even hypocrisy displayed on this site. You're welcome.

Last edited by paddler; 11-20-2020 at 02:59 PM.
paddler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

-DallanC
DallanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler View Post
I never said I hated that amendment, I said it was an empty gesture. I voted against it on those grounds. I voted against Trump in part because of his continuous and unrelenting assaults against our public lands and the environment. One would think all outdoorsmen would do the same, as doing so would do more to protect our interests than Amendment E.

I agree that you are confused. My posts aren't partisan, they are based on the policies of our elected representatives. It's illogical, and, despite your self-assessment, unreasonable, to say you support hunting and fishing rights and yet support administrations that deliberately roll back environmental protections, reduce monuments, advocate selling off public lands, allow coal ash dumping into our streams, threaten sage grouse, etc, etc. If the parties switched policies, I'd support the Republican agenda. I don't see that happening any time soon.

I will continue to point out the cognitive dissonance, even hypocrisy displayed on this site. You're welcome.

So long as you realize that the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy you are pointing out is staring right back at you in the mirror, I'm fine with that.

As far as being illogical and unreasonable, I must have missed the part where I said I supported the administration doing those things. That's kind of what I was getting at, your approach to these issues comes across as ENTIRELY partisan, regardless of what you tell yourself. You are consumed with asking posters who they voted for as if that is the purity test to determine a real conservationist or outdoorsman instead of delving into the nuance of the issues and seeking to understand why someone might possibly have different priorities or a different worldview than you.

Keep at it though. You're definitely winning folks over to your cause.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
So long as you realize that the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy you are pointing out is staring right back at you in the mirror, I'm fine with that.

As far as being illogical and unreasonable, I must have missed the part where I said I supported the administration doing those things. That's kind of what I was getting at, your approach to these issues comes across as ENTIRELY partisan, regardless of what you tell yourself. You are consumed with asking posters who they voted for as if that is the purity test to determine a real conservationist or outdoorsman instead of delving into the nuance of the issues and seeking to understand why someone might possibly have different priorities or a different worldview than you.

This is an outdoor forum, so I confine myself to discussions that impact outdoorsmen. When I see something that impacts us as hunters and fishermen, I will post it up, positive or negative. Your perceptions that I am partisan are your own, I post based on issues. My asking about how people voted is an attempt to point out that things like Amendment E have little to no impact on us, but how one votes for President impacts us on a daily basis. It would be instructional to compile a list of actions taken by the current administration regarding public lands and the environment. Maybe some would change how they vote. Maybe not. Of course, many factors influence this, from 2A, abortion, immigration, tax policy, etc. But again, just looking at things from the point of view of an outdoorsmen, it's difficult to see how one can vote for another four years of this administration. I didn't say you support the latest round rollbacks from this administration, and if you didn't vote for Trump I'm not even talking to you. But if one voted for Trump last time or this time, it's impossible to say you don't support his anti-environment agenda. If I'm missing something here, I'm listening.

I look forward to Biden undoing much of what I see as damaging to our interests and will try to keep up with posting those things that benefit us. Hopefully we'll have good news soon, perhaps when I share it people won't accuse me of partisanship. I understand that posting up things that the Trump administration has done is hard for his supporters to hear, but there's no need to shoot the messenger. I'm just posting up facts, inconvenient truths, if you will. Facts and truth are not partisan.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Paddler......You bring up an accurate point. Both Dems & Republicans can and have done some real good things. But I don't think any party has really been a fan of the people 100%

Because of the "RULES" of this Forum with subjects about politics, etc. I'll leave my political comments out of it and leave my above comment that neither favors the Red or Blue party. But hot dang...…….could I lite up the site like a wildfire if I did.

God help us all and those that lead this great Nation. May it always stand as "One Nation" and not become divided AGAIN!!!
taxidermist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:

"cognitive dissonance" I'd like ta have a nickel for every time I heard that on the UWN.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyogoob View Post
"cognitive dissonance" I'd like ta have a nickel for every time I heard that on the UWN.
Catherder and Kwalk3 like this.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyogoob View Post

Whenever I hear the phrase I get this funny feeling that something isn't right. But I eventually just move on like nothing happened.
paddler and Kwalk3 like this.
backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in