> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,237
Threads: 63,923
Welcome to our newest member, dawsdeezy
Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gratitude

Well, 2020 has been an interesting year for sure. With all thatís going on in the world, I feel more grateful for the simple things such as a good friend, a quiet morning in the woods, and a host of other things.

Is there something you are more grateful for today because of the events of 2020?
wyogoob, BPturkeys, legacy and 5 others like this.
CPAjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

A healthy relationship with a loving partner. Marriage takes work but it's an amazing thing.
wyogoob, AF CYN, Dunkem and 2 others like this.
backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

2020 was awesome for me and my family, too many blessings to list so to answer your question I am glad that the covid-19 hasn't put a damper on my life.

No one in the family, (knock on wood), has gotten it, (yet), and my business has been busy through it all.
wyogoob, AF CYN, Dunkem and 2 others like this.

Sometimes bravery has been considered stupidity, but never has stupidity been considered bravery.
bowgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am grateful that we have the means and time to hunt and fish as a family. That we can afford the guns, gas, and time to be out in the woods or on a lake chasing these beautiful animals God created. There are a lot of people in the world that struggle all day long to make ends meet and put food on the table. I am indeed fortunate to live the life I live.
Dunkem, CPAjeff and 7MM RELOADED like this.
toasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've been increasingly grateful for my time spent in the outdoors. The solace that I find, whether I'm by myself, or with my family or friends, has been therapeutic and has kept me from going insane.

Also grateful to have a son who, even though he is all the way across the country for a good portion of the year, loves to soak up every second possible in the outdoors with me. Bait fishing for Cats and panfish all summer and catching horny toads on long hikes created enough memories to keep me optimistic and hopeful for the future, even given the dumpster fire that 2020 has been.

When it boils down to it, life is good, no matter how everyone on tv and social media is telling us we should feel. Hoping to finish of 2020 with more adventure and memories made in the outdoors.
wyogoob, bowgy, Dunkem and 2 others like this.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
SX3

Covid 19 has certainly put a strain on things. It has pretty much killed my catering business. My wife is extremely stressed worrying about her parents getting the virus. It has stopped family reunions and other long standing traditions. I got sent home to work back in March. Working from home has been a pleasure and I believe it will likely continue. I think that our senior management and that of a lot of companies has learned that employees are actually trustworthy to work from home. I love working from home.
Kwalk3 and CPAjeff like this.
SX3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm thankful for family, sunny fall days and the peace I feel enjoying Gods creations.
Kwalk3 and CPAjeff like this.
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

A great message on gratitude for our current times.
Vanilla, Dunkem, CPAjeff and 1 others like this.

Sometimes bravery has been considered stupidity, but never has stupidity been considered bravery.
bowgy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2020, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Unbanned

I'd be ungrateful if I didn't chime in on this one. While 2020 has had it's challenges, I have many blessing to count looking back.

I'm grateful for early September tromps though the mountains with my son looking for Nevada Muleys.

I'm grateful for a big plump cow elk that fell 50 yards from a road

I'm grateful for a long oakbrush ridge in Utah that provided great memories and a couple dandy bucks for my daughter and I.

I'm grateful for cold crisp November Colorado mornings and herds of migrating deer and elk.

I'm SO grateful for more good friends than I deserve. 2020 has been good for me. The hard times have made me stronger. The uncertainty has made me humble and thankful. The contention and division have made me kinder. --------SS

#Give Thanks
wyogoob, bowgy, Kwalk3 and 3 others like this.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

2020 has been a crazy year for me.
Cancer surgery in January.
Work has been stupid, crazy busy, panic filled nightmare.
I had to have another cancer surgery this week........the Doc says it went well.

I have really focused on family this year. I'm so grateful for their support, love, and help.
I guess it has made realize what is really important in life. They are the reason I will fight.
I got to hunt with the grandkids and help them be successful, much more fun than my hunt.
I want more time with the grandkids.
wyogoob, bowgy, Kwalk3 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by 2full; 11-20-2020 at 09:35 PM.
2full is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in