Utah urged to sue Feds over public lands--- cost just $14 million of our tax dollars - Utah Wildlife Network

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,433
Threads: 64,249
Welcome to our newest member, Neboismyhome
Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Utah urged to sue Feds over public lands--- cost just $14 million of our tax dollars

http://fox13now.com/2015/12/09/utah-...-public-lands/

You know what I hope they do it. I hope they get on a national stage, waste our tax dollars, and get their teeth shoved down their throat. Go ahead and sue and look stupid and irresponsible. Maybe it's time to stretch the neck out on this transfer idea and get the head cut off once and for all, it just sucks it's going to come out of our pocket book.
"Defenders of the short-sighted men who in their greed and selfishness will, if permitted, rob our country of half its charm by their reckless extermination of all useful and beautiful wild things sometimes seek to champion them by saying the ‘the game belongs to the people.’ So it does; and not merely to the people now alive, but to the unborn people."--Theodore Roosevelt
#1DEER 1-I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I say "Throw the bums out!"
stevo1 likes this.
massmanute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

I mean seriously I've got to go on a bit of a rant on this. Are Utah people really this stupid? Do they really vote this blindly? Do they not give two ***** where their tax dollars are spent? Do our representatives even know what conservatism is? By the millions they waste and pocket I would say Utahns are that stupid and our legislators are right up there as the most crooked in the nation. You complain the Feds are strapping your education budgets and yet pull $14 million out of your ass to grease your lawyer buddies pockets on a case you are going to lose? Why do they do it? Because Utahns are sheep and will vote for them anyway. It amazes me what they've wasted just on issues related to wildlife and public lands. Because they mean a lot to me that's what I look into, but there has to be so much worse on the bigger issues our state deals with. It's disgusting and Utahns disappoint me that they will probably reelect these idiots despite the fact they disregard them and steal from them every chance they get.
stevo1 and The Naturalist like this.
"Defenders of the short-sighted men who in their greed and selfishness will, if permitted, rob our country of half its charm by their reckless extermination of all useful and beautiful wild things sometimes seek to champion them by saying the ‘the game belongs to the people.’ So it does; and not merely to the people now alive, but to the unborn people."--Theodore Roosevelt
#1DEER 1-I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2015, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

When You watch this and a Rep with the Last name of IVORY.Come on, People need to remove there heads..Don't let the Land Sluts of Utah sell us out!! The Mansells. The Ivorys and the rest of these good ole homeboys think Profit first and who cares what the public thinks..
stevo1 likes this.
Old Fudd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

There's reason they keep on doing these studies, reports, etc...and haven't sued or tried to take it further. It is because it is a losing battle. The feds have said bring it on so we can get this over with but they haven't. These lands were to remain public under the stipulations of becoming a state.

I now understand why Utah is a laughing stock when you get outside the beehive bubble.
hemionus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

We need some sort of yard sign and bumper sticker we can all start rockin'.

Something like "Hunters Against the Land Grab" or "Hunters Against Rob Bishop" or "Hunters Against Ken Ivory"

If everybody that had their mule deer skull sticker on their trucks put something against the land grab next to it and in their yard, it would at least open the eyes of the hundreds of thousands of sheep that vote "R" in blind ignorance and loyalty.

It will only take a few of these guys to get voted out of office for the rest to sit down and shut up. The one thing they love more than their cronyism is their cushy job.

I'd make my own sticker and sign, but we need solidarity and unity for it to have an impact. I wish BHA or UWC or something would start the ball rolling.

Maybe SFW will pass them out free at the Expo in a couple of months.
grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DEER 1-I View Post
... Are Utah people really this stupid? Do they really vote this blindly? ...
Sadly, the answer is yes.
massmanute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'll admit that I hate politics and rarely get involved as a result. More and more I've been hearing about these types of issues and they just piss me off. I'm probably guilty of being one of the "stupid" guys who "votes blindly" on occasion simply because I haven't researched enough about the issues as the more I research any political issue the more disheartened and disgusted I get. Still the more I hear about these issues as they relate to public lands the more I am committed to pay more attention and spread the word to those around me. Hunting and public land rights are one of the most important topics out there to me and it's something I'll fight for. Thanks for posting this and other posts like it. I know these posts help me get off my butt and write some letters, etc. to do my part.
stevo1 and grizzly like this.
twall13 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Seems like anyone that digs any deeper than what the State politicians throw out regarding this issue is pretty much in agreement that State ownership of public land is a losing proposition in more ways than one.

I had grown very disillusioned with the political realm and this issue has inspired me to not be as passive in my participation in the issues that directly affect the things I value most. The ability to hunt, fish and otherwise recreate on public land is one of those things I am most passionate about.

I can't tolerate the doublespeak thrown out by the local politicians about the money wasted by the Federal government about program X,Y,Z, when in the next breath they are willing to WASTE loads of taxpayer money to fund litigation and lobbying for the asinine public land transfer(Not to mention BGF lobbying money for Sage grouse, wolf, etc.).

"We don't want the federal government to have money to properly manage, purchase and maintain publicly accessible lands(See failure to re-authorize the LWCF); Instead, we want that money so we can frivolously lobby and litigate for causes that have a snowball's chance in hell of ever truly succeeding." ---UtahPoliticians

If they did somehow succeed, the writing is on the wall as far as what would happen to much of our currently accessible public land.
stevo1 and The Naturalist like this.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

I wonder if any of the lawyers have ties to our politicians? It seems like they are making money hand over fist! Nice friends to have if the state considers to pursue it any further. I'm also sure more donations will flood into Ivory's group and I believe bishop started a group as well?
#1DEER 1-I likes this.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in