So, how are the new fangled calibers in the age of the ammo shortage? - Page 4 - Utah Wildlife Network

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,237
Threads: 63,923
Welcome to our newest member, dawsdeezy
Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
Administrator

Default ammo shortage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallanC View Post
They make some micro-"table saws" that would work great for trimming brass. Set the fence to the proper size then roll the cases through. I've seen some very cheap from china that could cut thin brass with ease.

-DallanC

Yer killin me. Forced me to go look for mine....thanks, I found it.

Haven't quite got my reloading bench set back up after the move but I did find my hiking boots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mini table saw_a_sm.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	145003   Click image for larger version

Name:	found my boots_a_sm.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	145005  
Catherder, Airborne and Critter like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

That's a hilarious pic Goob! You have the crazy eyes of a man who moved his stuff!
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Administrator

Default There's a big box of calls in there somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
That's a hilarious pic Goob! You have the crazy eyes of a man who moved his stuff!
Ha.....the stories I could tell.

I'm thinking of putting about 3 foot of water in the basement storage room. My ammo doesn't float so it should be easy (uh...easier) to find that way.

Last edited by wyogoob; 11-19-2020 at 01:21 PM.
wyogoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyogoob View Post
Ha.....the stories I could tell.

I'm thinking of putting about 3 foot of water in the basement storage room. My ammo doesn't float so it should be easy (uh...easier) to find that way.
HA! True story, from Evinston no less (good lord that place gets cold in the winter):

In the mid 1980s my dad had a side job doing repo'd home maintenance. He worked for a insurance company that insured bank owned homes. Our job was to go in, turn off water and winterize in the fall... remove fire hazards, change the locks etc etc.

Normally we worked along the Wasatch Front... but occasionally we got the odd job further out. Well we got a job in Evanston in the dead of winter and went up. We "gained access" to the home started looking around for things we needed to do.

My dad said "Hey do you hear water running?" LOL... I found the downstairs and took a look. There was a burst pipe and the entire downstairs had hip deep freezing water. The water shutoff of course was on the opposite side of the stairs. I ended up stepping in a 55gal drum liner, wearing it like a sack and carefully wading across to shut off the water.

I'll bet that entire downstairs froze solid. Wish I could have seen the real estate agents face that first discovered the indoor skating rink.

-DallanC
wyogoob likes this.
DallanC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #35 (permalink)

I think that I lived in that house only they moved it to Rock Springs.

While I was working in the oil fields the boss sent us up there to work for a couple of months and said that he found a home for us to stay in. The person who gave us the keys told us to stay out of the basement since it had been flooded. Well, you don't tell a 21 year old to stay out of something. When we looked down into the basement we saw that it was frozen solid with about a foot of ice. Luckily the home had electric base board heat and the water heater was on the first floor. However we made the best of things and kept all of our beer downstairs on the ice.
wyogoob and DallanC like this.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
While I was on RCC's site I looked up a few of cartridges of mine.

The .348 Winchester was up there at $7.52 each. I was surprised that my .30 and .357 Herrett cases were under $5.00

If you need .348 i have some extra. I went a little crazy when I heard Hornady was discontinuing brass and bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hondodawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2020, 08:37 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondodawg View Post
If you need .348 i have some extra. I went a little crazy when I heard Hornady was discontinuing brass and bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got some 348 brass from Starline a couple of years ago. I have some original Winchester brass that I have been trying not to load up and started searching and then I found that Starline has it.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
hondodawg likes this.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:58 PM   #38 (permalink)

Reading this got me to thinking, so I looked at Gunbroker for .225 Winchester ammo. $4.20 a round! I have a hundred or so rounds for a gun I used to shoot and was supposed to inherit, father in-law still unsure where it went. Also have quite a bit of once fired brass.
Id like to find a rifle but for those prices, I may reconsider.
357bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357bob View Post
Reading this got me to thinking, so I looked at Gunbroker for .225 Winchester ammo. $4.20 a round! I have a hundred or so rounds for a gun I used to shoot and was supposed to inherit, father in-law still unsure where it went. Also have quite a bit of once fired brass.
Id like to find a rifle but for those prices, I may reconsider.
I have a Win 70 .225 and maybe 250 rounds/brass. What a great caliber. I still see a few .225 Winchesters for sell on Gunsmoke and GunsAmerica.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2020, 08:15 PM   #40 (permalink)

I haven't checked lately but .22WRF used to be available. Just expensive to plink with.
middlefork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in