> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,984
Threads: 63,530
Welcome to our newest member, RedArcher99
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2020, 08:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

My Gunwerks 8ight took 7 months for approval, which totally surprised me. Iíve shot with it a few times and canít wait to hunt with it this fall. Itís going to be on a 24Ē 6mm Creed. In the future, the longest barrel Iíll likely have is 22Ē to better accommodate the extra length of the suppressor.

For me, the added length and weight are a welcome trade off. Hereís my 20Ē Tikka .223 CTR and can. Great combo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C2ED5033-0938-4E85-A59D-82612C602B72.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	143623  
AF CYN likes this.
waspocrew is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
APD

I purchased one in November last year and received it in May of this year. My other friends that recently purchased have received theirs right around 6 months. As for a local dealer, andy arne at gold Star guns is great to deal with. He'll walk you through the whole process. I now have two more in the pipeline. My suggestion would be to avoid the one suppressor to do it all and pick something specific to what you want to use it on and leave it there. The jack of all trades master of none is a great idea but fall short in performance.

The first one I purchased was a silencer co harvester. The price was right quality and construction is great and they are a local company. They've been in business for a while and have great customer service. My specifications were lightweight and reasonably short. At 9 in it's not very short but on my 17-in barrel it works great. I also use it on my 20-in tika 6.5 where it also fits well.

All things considered what it does for me is take away the concussive effect from the shot as well as lower the volume to a level that is not painful. It also reduces recoil substantially on some rifles and less on others.

Ray, I remember being in this position last year and actually several years before. What stopped me from purchasing was all the extra decisions that need to be made to get the right one. That's why I suggest you pick one for a specific purpose and make that your first one, then decide if you want to buy more.

In my opinion they are well worth the added hassle of a form 4 and long wait. Also, don't get too worried about the extra length until you get over 26-28" overall bbl. think of it as walking through the woods with your duck shotgun or Your 26 in 7mag. Where there's a will there's a way.

Last edited by APD; 09-14-2020 at 07:36 AM.
APD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2020, 07:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
APD

I forgot to mention, there's a lot of info on snipers hide with regard to the subject. The local companies are silencer co and dead air. Also look in to thunderbeast out of Wyoming. They are spendy but worth the extra coin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
APD

Here's a quote from the maker of dead air out in kamas. This explains why you don't want a jack of all trades silencer.

talk about Key-Mo mounts. Why come out with a set of mounts that work on other silencers besides Dead Air's?
Mainly to help the end user. The silencer industry, as a rule, has settled on a mount spec for the back, which I think we have at this point. It's super frustrating for me, I'm sitting on a really cherry M4-1000; it takes 18 tooth mounts, which, I might as well be looking for model T parts... sorry, you're done.... there's nothing wrong with the can. Actually, it's pretty awesome. But the can is antiquated and it's completely useless for a mount. Same with every can at some point. You know, its useful life has come and gone. Now, if you could change the mount... a guy may be really vested in a certain company's mounts, and we could talk about the reasons why ours is better, but that is irrelevant. This dude already has these mounts and they work fine and he's totally happy, but I want to sell him a can. So now I can, and he doesn't have to spend another thousand dollars. And then what does he do with that other can from that company that he still wants to use? I don't expect the guy to swap around mounts, so the Key-Mo is so you can convert someone else's can over to our team, and the reason our can, Nomad, takes other people's mounts so it can be converted to another team. I'd rather have, from a business standpoint, half a sale than no sale. And from an end user standpoint, I don't really care about that. I just want to be able to do what I want. And if your shi* does that, then I'm into it.

It's not like I'm going to go out and take a bunch of selfies with competitor's products, but I do enjoy me some competitor product. I do really like the Mk-9K Gemtech can. I think that's a great can, I think it's a cool looking can. I just like that can. So, I like to MP5K that a little bit. I do some black through that can. I can become a great fan of rimfire cans where they shine. I did a funny video where we did just first round pop only. A Mask was number 2 in first round pop on a rifle and was beat out by a Gemtech G-Core. Which will blow your eardrums out on a handgun, and [the Gemtech] lost on a handgun. It's brutal on a handgun. But it's phenomenal on a rifle. So, you could take this G-Core, which is very geared toward a rifle and very amazing and put it on a rifle. It's amazing. So, I find myself finding these really sweet spots in competitor product. I've got a Goliath from Liberty which is outstanding on SOCOM. It's huge and beautiful and lovely to run. I've got a Thunderbeast 338 BA I do on a Barrett mRad. It's beautiful. Tons of power, comfortable to shoot, I really like that
Old 09-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Nice man! Did you get a multi-caliber suppressor and if so, are there any issues going from one end of the size spectrum to the other?
I have two 30 caliber Silencerco Harvesters and a Silencerco 30 caliber Omega. I do not change the end cap based on the caliber I am shooting. I just leave the 30 caliber on. I shoot them all the way down to my 20 Practical with no issues.
reb8600 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #26 (permalink)

I picked up an inexpensive one this year made by AAC... It's called the Yaeger 30. It's fairly light compared to many others, however it's not made to run more than 10-15 shots before letting it cool to ambient temp. This is perfect for me as it's for my hunting rifle.

I ordered and paid for it in November of last year and got it in July of this year with the ATF tax stamp. I really like it so far. It cuts the sounds down significantly!

If your looking to cut the noise just for your hearing, and not necessarily to have a suppressor, there's a company that makes a device that pushes all the sound down range. Behind the muzzle, it reduces the sound greatly. It's called the Witt Machine SME Slimline. No background check needed for them. I watched a Youtube on them and they look pretty slick.
BigT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in