»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,223
Threads: 63,898
Welcome to our newest member, Jeffrey2259

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Health Question

The other day (Thursday) I took Shasta out for some training and a walk. We didn't have enough time for a trip to the lake for some hunting, so we went up to Highland Glen to see if it was frozen. It was, except for a spot about 2' in diameter. And there was a duck sitting on that one spot. Well, Shasta headed for the bird, and went through the ice. She managed to get back to shore by breaking the ice back to the bank. She was only about 15' from the bank, in water shallow enough that I could have gotten to her if necessary. That evening she acted fine but tired, and she seemed OK yesterday as well. This morning she acted fine, but tonight she is whining in pain, and favoring her left front leg. She has been with me all day, and hasn't done anything to injure herself. My question is, would it take 2 days for a dog to react to an injury? She was in the water for only a couple of minutes, and wasn't afraid to go back on the ice. Her appetite is normal, as is her outdoor schedule. She doesn't limp when walking or jumping on to the bed, just when she rolls on to her left side and tries to get up. She walks fine after she gets up. Any ideas would be appreciated. Can dogs have aspirin, and what dose? She weighs about 70 pounds.
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Health Question

Hi Loke,

Sorry to hear about Shasta, I hope everything is OK. My vet has recommended aspirin before for my dogs and I've had good results with it. For a dog 60-80 pounds, the standard 320mg tablet is a good dose and can be given about every 12 hours. It might be a good idea to call your vet if things start to look like more than a bruise or sprain. Just like in people, aspirin can cause an upset stomach in dogs. When I've given it to my dogs for the first time, I've used half of the recommended doseage the first few times to make sure they do alright with it.

Good luck.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I gave her some aspirin tonight. We'll see how she is in the morning. There is no swelling that I can see, and the only time that it bothers her is when she gets up from sleeping. Thanks for all of your concern.
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Loke....that suck's what happened to Shasta !!

I'd bet she pulled a muscle. You know how it is, a day or two later we feel the pain from lifting something too heavy, or bending the wrong way.

The aspirin is an excellent idea .... ...I would think in a few day's she'll be just fine Loke.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

It seems that she is back to her "normal" self this morning. She is pestering the cat and wanting to go outside and chase leaves. Hopefully it wasn't something more than a sore muscle.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

I constantly look after my health and body, so I really like sports, and especially running. I was recently prescribed it for medicinal purposes, because it strengthens the muscles with which I have problems. In addition, the doctor prescribed a massage mat, which I bought for myself, and he does a wonderful massage, and the human error factor (massage therapistís mistake) is simply impossible, because this is just a scenario that will help you restore health, because it has been programmed by the most beautiful doctors from the Community Clinic Association. They are real professionals, so I trust them. I advise everyone to order a rug for those who want to improve their health or just get better
Thanar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2020, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanar View Post
I constantly look after my health and body, so I really like sports, and especially running. I was recently prescribed it for medicinal purposes, because it strengthens the muscles with which I have problems. In addition, the doctor prescribed a massage mat, which I bought for myself, and he does a wonderful massage, and the human error factor (massage therapist’s mistake) is simply impossible, because this is just a scenario that will help you restore health, because it has been programmed by the most beautiful doctors from the Community Clinic Association. They are real professionals, so I trust them. I advise everyone to order a rug for those who want to improve their health or just get better [IMG class=inlineimg]https://utahwildlife.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
How is this guy allowed on here? It’s clearly a spam account, go through his comment history, it’s all nonsensical and every post has a link.
Ray is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in