> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,984
Threads: 63,530
Welcome to our newest member, RedArcher99
Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #21 (permalink)

I've been busy rewiring my boat. 16 years ago I thought junction boxes were a good idea. It proved to be a great corrosion area. So 50' of 7 wire loom I rewired the entire boat. From switch to acc or gauge to sending unit without a junction. I also added a couple of cupholders in the dash. Last year I cracked the windshield throwing a blind on the bow. I installed the second windshield today without a hitch. First one not so great Bearings are done. Oil & filters replaced. She's ready to go!
MallardFlew likes this.
JerryH is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just picked up my biggest off season investment / project... new waders, new gun, new boat and lots of new decs. Lots of breaking in to do this season!! It’s getting so close I can sleep at night haha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E6F470D6-D72B-4162-A62C-7315A9747EEC_1599954786967.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	143629  
Fowlmouth, MallardFlew and CPAjeff like this.
utahbigbull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

I ended up doing more projects than I was going to... took off my old 200# blind and modified an AFrame to fit because we don't end up using a blind all too often and it helped us get rid of the weight of the old one. Seems like it is going to work well.

I still need to clean decoys, paint swan decoys, grease hubs and motor, replace my fuel filter, replace the electrical connections on the battery end of my lights/motor, make a dog ramp and SCOUT for opening day. I feel like my to do list is bigger now than when I made this thread.
Fowlmouth and utahbigbull like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

One of my off season projects was to find a Jones cap. It has eluded me but I really haven't looked that hard. I want the cap for some retro hunts I have in mind. I've found a nice vintage Ralph Lauren hunting jacket that I'll probably pull the trigger on tonight. Sitka or Ralph Lauren ? Come on Ralph never goes out of style lol
Old 09-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
One of my off season projects was to find a Jones cap. It has eluded me but I really haven't looked that hard. I want the cap for some retro hunts I have in mind. I've found a nice vintage Ralph Lauren hunting jacket that I'll probably pull the trigger on tonight. Sitka or Ralph Lauren? Come on Ralph never goes out of style lol
Ralph Lauren? Do they sell a cologne for hunters?
Old 09-17-2020, 08:44 AM   #26 (permalink)

Mallard Musk
paddler and MallardFlew like this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
One of my off season projects was to find a Jones cap. It has eluded me but I really haven't looked that hard. I want the cap for some retro hunts I have in mind. I've found a nice vintage Ralph Lauren hunting jacket that I'll probably pull the trigger on tonight. Sitka or Ralph Lauren ? Come on Ralph never goes out of style lol
https://www.filson.com/accessories/h...dfowl-hat.html
Not quite a Jones cap but pretty close, handmade in the USA and will never go out of style! I've been wearing one as my main duck hunting hat for 10 seasons now and it's just barely getting broken in.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpgunner View Post
https://www.filson.com/accessories/h...dfowl-hat.html
Not quite a Jones cap but pretty close, handmade in the USA and will never go out of style! I've been wearing one as my main duck hunting hat for 10 seasons now and it's just barely getting broken in.
Yep, I have one, too. We visited the factory in Seattle many years ago. I think the company started during the Alaskan gold rush.
Pumpgunner likes this.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler View Post
Yep, I have one, too. We visited the factory in Seattle many years ago. I think the company started during the Alaskan gold rush.
Filson stuff is the epitome of "buy once, cry once." It's pricy but worth every penny. We checked out the store in Portland, OR a few years ago and they had a coat on the wall that a guy had bought as soon as he graduated college, wore it nearly every day during a 30 year career in forestry, and sent back to the company when he retired. It was a bit worn but the seams, stitching, and material were like they were almost new. Crazy!

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in