» Stats
Members: 13,660
Threads: 63,198
Welcome to our newest member, Ace864
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By justismi28
  • 4 Post By MooseMeat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wasatch West Muzzleloader Tag

I drew a mule deer buck muzzleloader tag for Wasatch West. Ive never been to this unit. I've been trying to read everything I can from other people's experiences. My season is September 17th- October 30th. This is actually my first western big game hunt, just moved out west 3 years ago. I lived in Illinois the past 30 years whitetail hunting from a tree stand. Any info on weather in the mountains during that time of the year and good areas to locate mule deer. I was looking at the Wardsworth canyon area. Clark hollow/Thorn hollow. Im hoping to fill the freezer for my family. Not interested in big antlers. I would be just as excited shooting my first 3x3 as a 4x4. Thank you for any info. God bless and stay safe out there.
chrishanlon30@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

For what it's worth, there is a reason there are 60 tags leftover for this hunt. Be prepared for a lot of other people. Not only deer hunters, but the muzzleloader LE elk hunt is going on at the same time, so the one tag with 10 spotters will be on every ridge in that area bumping the deer and elk around.

Be prepared for all weather, it has rained\snowed the last few years in the middle of the hunt, but I've also walked out sunburned.

Go out and enjoy a new area. Scout the land before season and when the season starts enjoy listening to bugling elk as the leaves change. Don't set expectations of harvesting and you're hunt will be that much better if you do.
Lone_Hunter likes this.
justismi28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have this same tag if you are looking for someone to hunt with I would be game.
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2020, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justismi28 View Post
For what it's worth, there is a reason there are 60 tags leftover for this hunt. Be prepared for a lot of other people. Not only deer hunters, but the muzzleloader LE elk hunt is going on at the same time, so the one tag with 10 spotters will be on every ridge in that area bumping the deer and elk around.

Be prepared for all weather, it has rained\snowed the last few years in the middle of the hunt, but I've also walked out sunburned.

Go out and enjoy a new area. Scout the land before season and when the season starts enjoy listening to bugling elk as the leaves change. Don't set expectations of harvesting and you're hunt will be that much better if you do.
+1
johnrr65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

I will be there also thinking hobble creek area? my first time hunting this area but there always are deer by the main road at dusk.
bossloader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good feedback so far. Iím curious as to the season dates you mentioned. Am I missing something? The muzzleloader deer hunt is actually Sept 23-Oct 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
silentstalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2020, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstalker View Post
Good feedback so far. Iím curious as to the season dates you mentioned. Am I missing something? The muzzleloader deer hunt is actually Sept 23-Oct 1.
You are correct. You arenít missing anything. The OP is missing something. Not sure where he got those dates from, but they arenít right.
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in