> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,434
Threads: 64,257
Welcome to our newest member, Laneyanderson
Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2021, 12:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMeat View Post
Haha I love it. Countless businesses, organizations, state and federal agencies can conduct meetings every day, successfully and efficiently through phone calls and zoom meetings, but our DWR call center canít do it because of ďCOVIDĒ. What a convenient excuse. And once the data is collected, they canít even sort and organize the hunts for their weapon types in the report, they just throw out ďLE, OIL or CWMU. Great work!
Not everyone need to know about all the information. It is better to be like this for lazy hunters so there are more opportunity for real hunters and hard workers.
cedar is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

Definitely a mistake! Question is who’s?

The data entry associate or the hunter who shot a spike on accident 🧐

Quote:
prumpf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2021, 10:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
It was probably themockingjay....... I bet she only got the back straps out.
APD, Vanilla and johnnycake like this.
ns450f is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2021, 03:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah itís garbage, and probably not 100% accurate. But at least they threw something together. Itís great that the peasants have dates and deadlines we are held to and expected to abide by, with our info expected to be 100% accurate. If itís not accurate or on time, there are penalties. they donít care what our excuses may be if we miss a dead line or our information is incorrect, but the kings and queens arenít expected to follow the same accuracy or timeline.
I can speak specifically of two CWMU hunts that are vastly off on harvest success. This makes me wonder if the entire thing is just spitting out numbers.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks Amy, good job!
7MM RELOADED likes this.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I can speak specifically of two CWMU hunts that are vastly off on harvest success. This makes me wonder if the entire thing is just spitting out numbers.
I personally know there are many errors in both their published harvest and draw odds data.

A few years back my buddy had drawn an archery LE elk tag. My neighbor had also drawn the same tag that year. Both were unsuccessful. When they published that years data, it said that out of the 7 archery tags issued that year, all 7 were successful. I helped on both hunts. I know they were unsuccessful and stated that in their survey that they filled out.

Another time, I drew a random LE tag with 5 points. When the report came out. It didnít list anyone had drawn with 5. Another time on an antlerless report it said everyone with 3 PP for elk had 100% draw odds for that year. Well, I had 3 points and I didnít draw. Iíve seen several other times where their reports had errors based off our applications and draw results.
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2021, 03:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prumpf View Post
Definitely a mistake! Question is whoís?

The data entry associate or the hunter who shot a spike on accident 🧐

Aren't all bison "spikes"?
Vanilla and johnnycake like this.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

I always feel a little better about my skills after having a year I don't harvest a deer when I look at draw odds but having had the opportunity. I could've pulled the trigger on smaller bucks, but I've learned 2 pts aren't worth putting on my back. Maybe a drag to the truck last day, but if I'm far enough to have to have to quarter it I'll let the younger ones grow.

But seeing less than 20% success for the any weapon Wasatch West surprises me. For a unit so busy, with that many people afield you would think more than 20% would luck into something.

But maybe the deer aren't there to support those high tag numbers? Living in the south part of the unit I spend plenty of time on it between Provo and Spanish Fork Canyons during the summer and watch a lot during winter. Where I used to see dozens a day, I now only see handfuls. Maybe their habits have just changed, but my perception of the unit is certainly lower than the 3.2% satisfaction rating that units hunts have.
justismi28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Be nice if they could get the last couple of years of harvest data for black bear up there. Last update was 2018 which seems bizarre to me!
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in