> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,443
Threads: 64,278
Welcome to our newest member, Rmanwill
Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #41 (permalink)

Is Kristy Titus the lady that says at the begining of her show that she's a strugling single mom or sothing like that? You know like all struggling single parents that trek the world hunting with expensive guides and guns and stuff.
7MM RELOADED likes this.
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2021, 04:08 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
What’s the validation portion? I applied for a couple and didn’t see anything about validating
In past years you had to go to the Expo to validate your application, this year the validation was suspended due to covid. Were supposed to go back to in person validation next year.
muddydogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2021, 10:37 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwalk3 View Post
If I wasn't completely lazy Im sure I could figure it out myself, but does anyone know how many NR permits are given through the expo draw in a regular year vs this year?
2017-172 Res---28 Nonres
2018-160 Res---40 Nonres
2019-144 Res---50 Nonres
2020-156 Res---44 Nonres
2021-121 Res---79 Nonres

I've got all the others too, but this should suffice. Big jump!
Kwalk3 likes this.
elkfromabove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2021, 01:06 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfromabove View Post
Since 2007 when the draw started, there have been 240 repeat winners, but some of those drew more than one per year. However, a few years ago, the DWR eliminated the more than one per year rule, and now we only get about 5 or 6 repeaters because if they draw more than one, they have to choose which one they want and the other one is given to the second person in line. Last year (2020) there were 6 repeaters!

If things go as they have in the past, the draw should take place tomorrow at 9:00 am at the DWR State Office on the corner of Redwood Rd and North Temple in Salt Lake City, and the public is invited. However, the Covid issue may make it otherwise. In any case, we should have the results by Wed. and I'll update my list by Fri. or Sat. Stay tuned!
This year's online Expo tag no-need-to-show-up-to-validate-scheme really blew things out of the water! We had at least 25 tag winners who are repeaters! I don't know how many people applied but it must have been many more than any other Expo. Or it inspired many past winners to try again. Here are the names:

Chaz Rowser - Morgan UT - 2 tags
William Sims - Evanston WY - 3 tags
Tracy Tolbert - Heber City UT - 2 tags
Tyler Parrish - Pleasant Grove UT - 2 tags
William Ellis - Magna UT - 2 tags
Scott Davis - Ogden UT - 2 or 3 tags (2 close cities listed)
Leonard Fitzgerald - Richfield UT - 2 tags
Dyrk Eddie - Kalispell MT - 2 tags
Stanford Jones - Alpine UT - 3 tags
Corey Eldredge - Vernal UT - 3 tags
Nathan Benner - Ione CA - 2 tags
Edward Green - Layton UT - 2 tags
Timothy Pease - Taylorsville UT - 2 tags
John Minaudo - Oakdale CA - 3 tags
Sam Garroutte - Watsonville CA -2 tags
Rick Strain - Yorbo Linda CA - 2 tags
Shane Clegg - Heber City UT - 2 tags
Rodney Lewis - Herriman UT - 2 tags
Cody Carr - Plains MT - 3 tags
Scott Allan - Twin Falls ID - 3 tags
Joseph Allred - Vernal UT - 2 tags
Wayne Shelton - Spanish Fork UT - 2 tags
James Sorensen - Park City UT - 2 tags
Nancy Dezell - Hamilton MT - 2 tags
Brian Murray - Lapoint UT - 2 tags

There may be others who have moved, married, divorced, listed their names differently on the applications, or were Jr., etc., but we have no way of knowing. In any case, there certainly was a big increase.

Last edited by elkfromabove; 02-23-2021 at 01:34 PM.
elkfromabove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #45 (permalink)

Interesting in any random draw like lotteries, Etc. when there are many repeat winners it is always found out that the systems was rigged or was truly not set up as random with the logarithmic scale.
Brookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2021, 05:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

To add fuel to the conspiracy. Of the names I see above with repeat winners they include a relatively well known outfitter in Montana and a CEO who has articles published of his adventure hunting polar bear with his PSE. And that was just a spot check googling of names in the list. I searched 4 names, the two mentioned before, one I couldn't find, the other seems to own a successful physical therapy business.

I'm not saying it's rigged, but statistically speaking the possibility of a repeat would be considered an anomaly as the chances of it happening are so slim. This many "anomalies" should normally trigger an audit of the viability of the application. I doubt the DWR has completed hired a third party to confirm the validity of the system that enters applicants or the one that draws them.

Today, I choose to believe that there isn't anything nefarious, but it's getting harder every year to believe that when you see information like this. Given this is a public resource, managed by representatives of the people, they should open source the code used in this draw and what Fallon uses. I'd love to clone the repo, spoof a data source with 50,000 records and see how many repeats I get when running the application numerous times in a row.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in