> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,433
Threads: 64,256
Welcome to our newest member, Neboismyhome
Like Tree157Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2021, 07:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

Pretend for a second that this bill passes, and that the law somehow gets enforced.

This would have a significant impact on hunting success. Yes, we are going to get people on here that run cameras that will say, ďban them, it wonít change anything.Ē But they wouldnít run cameras if it didnít work. And they wouldnít run a dozen cameras if it didnít work. And they wouldnít run 100+ cameras if they didnít work. If cameras have to be gone by 7/1 and 8/1, youíll see less people setting them up in the first place. But it is going to be very difficult to enforce.

I wish we didnít need something like this. Iíd honestly rather just that people could put a couple cameras up if they wanted to and go about their business. That said, itís getting out of hand how theyíre being used. Itís that old adage that we have met the enemy and he is us. We shoot ourselves in the foot on this stuff too often.
BPturkeys, BradN, PBH and 3 others like this.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

The title of this thread articulates this perfect. It was bound to happen. Can't say I am wholly for or against it. I know a lot of hunters are for something like this, it isn't the anti or non-hunters who are (although some probably are). Casey Snider is an avid hunter himself.
More and more states are going to move this direction. It has gotten out of hand and to a point where many states are going to start regulating cameras and bait because it is what a lot of constituents want.
wyogoob and BPturkeys like this.
outn'bout1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMeat View Post
1. Casey snider can suck it.

2. Jokes on him. Iíll just set my stand 60 yards from my bait pile, 10 yards further than his 50 yard baited area definition and Iíll be completely legal.

3. I lost the keys to all my trail cam lock boxes. Cant get into them to remove them and itís illegal for me to cut down the tree they are on to get them removed before his season closure. My bad. what a bunch of Fbags
Moose, you need to re-read the law. It seams pretty iron clad to me. First, you can't bait during prescribed times and you can't take animals that are traveling to or from a baited area.

Why must some people always look for some "loophole" in a law just so they can try and gain some advantage? It is thinking like this and actions by people of this mind set that make it necessary to pass laws in the first place. Laws are generally passed to make certain people act properly in society.

Take for example your thinking on the cameras. So, you lost the keys to the lock boxes, so I guess it's OK to just leave up the cameras...I can just imagine what the judge would say..."well geez, go ahead and leave 'em up then, sounds fair to me". If I park my car right in front of your driveway and I loose the keys, is it OK to just leave it there for ever?? Come on man, think.

Course, I know this is probably just the troll coming out in you as are many of your posts...well, it worked.
BPturkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2021, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Those poor insta-famous hunters, how are they going to keep their followers without posting the "giant," "stud," or "monster" they have hitting their baits?!?

Honestly, I like the bill! Imagine if it included a provision that any camera found during the banned timeframe could be removed by any individual . . .
BPturkeys, gdog, PBH and 11 others like this.
CPAjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAjeff View Post
Imagine if it included a provision that any camera found during the banned timeframe could be removed by any individual . . .
I've said this before, but this is the only way this type of law could be enforceable. Put in the law that any camera left in the field after said dates is legally deemed abandoned property. The only way this gets policed is by other hunters.

Losing all your cameras seems like a good incentive to follow the law. You know, the carrot and the stick?
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

I like this proposed law. This is going to level the playing field so to speak and I think will increase opportunity which is a great thing. Anyone who claims this law is government overreach or 'takin away our rights' is full of baloney! Hunting equipment has always had legal limitations, this is a reaction to modern 'advances' to maintain the ideals of fair chase or at least how we decide to define it.

Let's not get caught up in the slippery slope fallacy--take this for what it is but don't straw man the arguments for or against
Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 10:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

What is the difference between a trail cam left on public property versus an old pop can or water bottle that someone left on the same public property?
wyogoob and CPAjeff like this.
MrShane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
PBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShane View Post
What is the difference between a trail cam left on public property versus an old pop can or water bottle that someone left on the same public property?
Nothing! They all need to be packed out! And take your pop-up tent blind with you!

Pack it in --> Pack it out!

Nately: ĎAnything worth living for, is worth dying for.í
Sacrilegious old man: ĎAnd anything worth dying for, is certainly worth living for.'
PBH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPturkeys View Post
Moose, you need to re-read the law. It seams pretty iron clad to me. First, you can't bait during prescribed times and you can't take animals that are traveling to or from a baited area.

Why must some people always look for some "loophole" in a law just so they can try and gain some advantage? It is thinking like this and actions by people of this mind set that make it necessary to pass laws in the first place. Laws are generally passed to make certain people act properly in society.

Take for example your thinking on the cameras. So, you lost the keys to the lock boxes, so I guess it's OK to just leave up the cameras...I can just imagine what the judge would say..."well geez, go ahead and leave 'em up then, sounds fair to me". If I park my car right in front of your driveway and I loose the keys, is it OK to just leave it there for ever?? Come on man, think.

Course, I know this is probably just the troll coming out in you as are many of your posts...well, it worked.
way to tell the boomer, i think i need to take re-trolling lessons from you

"Don't get your cussed little butt in a tangle and meme on"

Last edited by SaltyWalty; 02-04-2021 at 01:55 PM.
SaltyWalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Like this is a normal???

Like this is a normal??? outlaw the DAMNED things!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trail cams.png
Views:	390
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	146143  
wyogoob, Critter and 7MM RELOADED like this.

Last edited by Natural Born Killer; 02-04-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Natural Born Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in