> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,243
Threads: 63,930
Welcome to our newest member, mcurtis
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wasatch east dedicated

Hey all, just wondering if any dedicated hunters on the wasatch east want to trade notes on how their hunts gone/going? I've been in on some decent bucks by my standards especially during archery season just couldn't get within that 60 yard bubble. I even got a handful of bucks on trail cam. Muzzy season the deer were way more skittish and though I seen some good ones still no shots taken. I've spent most my time in one of the WMAs and just figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone wants to chat. I'm happy to compare notes. Send a PM if you'd like. You may have seen me around.
- Justin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200905-164738_Facebook_1601868852478.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	579.4 KB
ID:	143971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200808_094509_580_1601868906586.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	143973   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200719_102021_951_1601868941099.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	143975  
blacksage likes this.
Pokesmole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Guess nobody hunted wasatch east this year but you.
270win is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I will pm ya
Aznative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesmole View Post
Hey all, just wondering if any dedicated hunters on the wasatch east want to trade notes on how their hunts gone/going? I've been in on some decent bucks by my standards especially during archery season just couldn't get within that 60 yard bubble. I even got a handful of bucks on trail cam. Muzzy season the deer were way more skittish and though I seen some good ones still no shots taken. I've spent most my time in one of the WMAs and just figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone wants to chat. I'm happy to compare notes. Send a PM if you'd like. You may have seen me around.
- Justin
I have the same tag. I got my buck opening night of the muzzleloader. An okay 3x3 still in velvet. Saw a giant Tuesday night before the opener. How picky are you being exactly?
blacksage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
in need of more patience

I Hunt Wasatch East for dedicated and it took 3 years to find the spot that they feel secure in with all the pressure from road hunters and side-by-sides. I lucked out and got a year in there before we drew the dedicated so i get 4 years on the same spot. After getting super lucky and pulling a full velvet 180" deer out of there this year made me feel i found a secret little spot. After next year i will give you the exact GPS coordinates if you still have time left in your 3 years
cdbright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2020, 06:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbright View Post
I Hunt Wasatch East for dedicated and it took 3 years to find the spot that they feel secure in with all the pressure from road hunters and side-by-sides. I lucked out and got a year in there before we drew the dedicated so i get 4 years on the same spot. After getting super lucky and pulling a full velvet 180" deer out of there this year made me feel i found a secret little spot. After next year i will give you the exact GPS coordinates if you still have time left in your 3 years
I'd keep that spot a secrete unless you are moving out of state or not going to deer hunt anymore.

Those kind of spots are hard to find and keep to ones self. I have one just like it up on Gentry Mountain out of Morland. I haven't hunted it in a number of years but a friend who was with me has hunted it a number of years and it hasn't disappointed him yet. While other hunt that area this one little area has been kept a secrete by the both of us for quite a while.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbright View Post
I Hunt Wasatch East for dedicated and it took 3 years to find the spot that they feel secure in with all the pressure from road hunters and side-by-sides. I lucked out and got a year in there before we drew the dedicated so i get 4 years on the same spot. After getting super lucky and pulling a full velvet 180" deer out of there this year made me feel i found a secret little spot. After next year i will give you the exact GPS coordinates if you still have time left in your 3 years [IMG class=inlineimg]https://utahwildlife.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://utahwildlife.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif[/IMG]
I wouldn't blame you a bit if you didn't want to show me where it is! That unit definently gets hunted. But that being said, I'm not scared to hike and im always willing to learn new areas. The spot i hunt definitely holds good deer. Until about the second gun shot of muzzle loader season. I need to figure out where they go after that! Next year is my last on dedicated but im sitting on 2 general points so I should probably be there for the next 4, assuming I draw dedicated with one point again.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksage View Post
Quote:
- Justin
I have the same tag. I got my buck opening night of the muzzleloader. An okay 3x3 still in velvet. Saw a giant Tuesday night before the opener. How picky are you being exactly?
Maybe too picky. Not so much this year. I'd take anything over 18 inches wide if it's a 2 point. Any 3x3 or 4x4 would get my tag though. I spent 35 days trying to get a target buck from my trail cam last season. Might have passed a few too many. This year, I want the meat. And im really hoping to not settle with a tiny buck at the end of the week.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe too picky. Not so much this year. I'd take anything over 18 inches wide if it's a 2 point. Any 3x3 or 4x4 would get my tag though. I spent 35 days trying to get a target buck from my trail cam last season. Might have passed a few too many. This year, I want the meat. And im really hoping to not settle with a tiny buck at the end of the week.
Find a good area that holds deer on the rifle and pick a good spot to sit. A big buck will get pushed out, I almost guarantee it. I have seen it happen the past couple of years.
blacksage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
in need of more patience

I actually found where they get pushed by accident. Last year we chased them into the area we thought they would always go with pressure. So this summer i littered it with cameras and that was the spot i started at in Aug. As we were in there we saw a coupel nice bucks cut across what we thought was our honey hole and go to a different ridge. After a few hours of driving in circles to dead ends and lots of ONX searching , we actually found a way in that was flat so we could side hill into it and found the real honey hole. Sat there for 2.5 days and saw big bucks every day and finally got a stud to walk right by. They were not even looking for anybody as they must use this little area every year when the pressure gets bad. Yes when you can rifle it, just lay back and let every body else do the pushing and pick off the one you want , good luck
blacksage likes this.
cdbright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in