> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,986
Threads: 63,540
Welcome to our newest member, AlexAuba
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman06 View Post
I haven't done any scouting for this hunt myself. My friend just asked me if I would take him recently so I haven't had time to scout. I know the odds are much lower this late in the game
And I say if you ain't hiking you ain't scouting
Yet here you are, skipping the hard part, trying to take the easy road.

There’s 3 weekends before the spike Elk starts. Sounds like you need to get to hiking
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkman06 View Post
Hey buddy, it might be a good idea to ask a question before jumping to conclusions I don't recall ever saying this was MY first elk haha. Why do you think my friend asked me to help him out? But thank you for the input, I always welcome feedback.
If you are the elk master you imply being, sounds like you already know how and where to go to be successful. Which now leaves me wondering why you’re asking strangers where to go online
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

MooseMeat thanks for the advice! You're 100% right I definitely need to get out and hit the hills. And good question, my best answer is I don't think you can ever have too much advice So I appreciate your tips and I will definitely get out and scout with what time I have.
elkman06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Hey man, I’ve been a member on this forum for a little bit but have never posted or helped anyone out, so I guess today is a good time to start. First off,I really enjoy all the backlash you’re getting from some of the members. No wonder hunter numbers are historically declining. Second, I know it’s a long drive, but you could hit up the La Sal mountains below Moab. We’ve been down there the last two years and have tagged five elk between three people. One cow, four spikes. I can give you more detailed info if you PM me. If you aren’t willing to drive that far, then no harm done. I’ll help any way I can to get people out and enjoy the woods.
scartinez, hunting777 and elkman06 like this.
PEAK777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEAK777 View Post
Hey man, I’ve been a member on this forum for a little bit but have never posted or helped anyone out, so I guess today is a good time to start. First off,I really enjoy all the backlash you’re getting from some of the members. No wonder hunter numbers are historically declining. Second, I know it’s a long drive, but you could hit up the La Sal mountains below Moab. We’ve been down there the last two years and have tagged five elk between three people. One cow, four spikes. I can give you more detailed info if you PM me. If you aren’t willing to drive that far, then no harm done. I’ll help any way I can to get people out and enjoy the woods.
PEAK777 thanks for the support! I just tried to send you a PM, not sure if it sent because I'm new to this forum. Let me know if it got to you
elkman06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

I have a spike tag and would love a handout if anyone has one too. Feel free to PM me!
7MM RELOADED likes this.
Vanilla is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2020, 03:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I have a spike tag and would love a handout if anyone has one too. Feel free to PM me!
I would love to give you some locations but last year when we were hunting spikes they were few and far in between in the areas that we had been and were looking.

But I do know of a couple of good locations if they are there.
Vanilla likes this.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

This place is becoming monstermuleys 2.0
You could Try anywhere around strawberry. Seen a good amount between there and hobble creek a few years back. Pick a spot, Hike in as far as possible. Hope to find spikes. You won't be alone.
Pokesmole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesmole View Post
You could Try anywhere around strawberry. Seen a good amount between there and hobble creek a few years back. Pick a spot, Hike in as far as possible. Hope to find spikes. You won't be alone.
"Becoming"

First.. Not close.

Second... When has posting and asking for help on your first post NOT been hazed at least a little around here? Posting that you know how to hunt elk and you know you need to get your butt in the mountain, while simultaneously NOT getting your butt in the mountain is going to catch some slack.

Other than Moosemeat, who is the exception not the rule, it's not close to MM.
7MM RELOADED likes this.
RandomElk16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesmole View Post
If you ask me he got some pretty solid advice for a first time poster.

I've seen some forums where if a new member asked that kind of question that they would be ignored until after the season

Tags
spike elk, spike hunt, spike tag

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in