> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,119
Threads: 63,718
Welcome to our newest member, Xseedz
Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2020, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Unlimited Range Creek Bison Hunt

Anyone know what is going on with this hunt.

It looks like the hunt planner rules have been taken down and it says they are pending approval of changes.

I have added a pdf attachment to what the old rules looked like.

Anyone know how many tags have been sold?
Attached Files
File Type: zip BI6525 Print.zip (4.20 MB, 86 views)
TrackNBucks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2020, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

In my opinion this hunt started off as a cluster *(** and ended up as a cluster *(**

Access is and always will be a major factor with it. Perhaps the DWR finally realized it.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Access is and always will be a major factor with it. Perhaps the DWR finally realized it.
This is a very confusing statement to me. From the moment this hunt was proposed the DWR was very transparent about access issues and the what the difficulty level of this hunt would be. Go watch the presentation to the board about this hunt and then come back and claim the DWR didn’t realize access would be a major factor.

Again, very confusing comment Critter. Have you actually followed this anywhere other than just on this forum?
johnnycake likes this.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2020, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yes I have, I have also worked out there in Nine Mile and knew the owner of the ranch in Range Creek before he gave it away.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

By the way, tags are still available for the hunt.

I doubt that you will find out how many have been sold or how many are sold once they get done. I guess that you could file a request for that info once all of it is done.

I have also heard four or five different stories as far as access through Range Creek.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

I cannot see how somebody could have watched the DWR's presentation, the discussion at the WB, reviewed the materials produced, etc. and come to any conclusion other than, "Yep, the DWR has been very clear from the get go that this is a tough SOB and access is going to be incredibly challenging"
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Yes I have, I have also worked out there in Nine Mile and knew the owner of the ranch in Range Creek before he gave it away.
So if you’ve been following it, how on earth is your best answer the following? “Access is and always be a major factor with it. Perhaps the DWR finally realized it.”

Like I said, they have been completely transparent about that from the first second that access will be tough to impossible, and success would be very low. Which you know they’ve said that from the beginning, since you’ve been following it, like you said. So how is that your answer?

Just a very confusing comment.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

From what I have read there are those that think rafting down the Green will work, from what I understand that is a 3-4 day trip, just on the water not to mention hunting and bringing out up to 700 lbs meat.

Then there is the question of when do you do it or ride into the area on horseback or even hike in with your buddies? These bison cross the Green at will. One day they are on the west side and that afternoon they are back on Tribal lands. Then there is the possibility of them hazing them back onto Tribal lands with helicopters again, just as you get into the area.

Don't get me wrong, I looked at the hunt and I have even contacted a couple of outfitters with poor results. The question always comes down to when do you schedule your hunt? Even with me being retired and able to go on a days notice there are problems with getting everything to align just right.

There will be some who purchase a tag and some might even be successful but a lot of stars and the moon have to line up just right to get this hunt to work out.

So with loosing what points I have accumulated and it being just one chance at a bison unless they have the same hunt again count me out

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

But again, all of that was pretty clearly acknowledged by the DWR, so why would the disappearance of the info on the hunt planner be indicative of your post saying "Access is and always will be a major factor with it. Perhaps the DWR finally realized it"?

It's ok to admit you were wrong
Vanilla likes this.
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 06:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here is the same info that the OP is asking about, it is still on the hunt planner. Just go to the hunt planner and put in B16525 in the hunt. Then add the layers that you want, just don't close down the information box on the right.

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/huntboundary/hbstart
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NineMileBison.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	142929  

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in