» Stats
Members: 13,842
Threads: 63,350
Welcome to our newest member, Manningup
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ocurtis
  • 1 Post By ocurtis

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Owen

Default Antlerless Elk, here I come

Made a last minute decision to apply for the new antlerless elk tag in West Desert Tintic Valley... and I was awarded one of the 8 non resident tags! Since this is a brand new tag, it will be an interesting hunt (if anyone wants to share info, I am all ears!) I plan on focusing efforts around sheep rock mountians. The tag runs from August through the end of January so I will probably drive my 4runner up on my next office visit and just leave it there.

Looking forward to hunting Utah again!

On a side note, my family and I spent all last week camping at the Provo River resort (formally deer creek campground.) Excellent time, excellent fishing! Did some awesome hikes and my buddies and I rode the downhill squaw peak trail.

Beautiful country! Since I have an office in Sandy, it would be an easy move! Just have to get the wife on board with Utah instead of Idaho!

Owen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0452.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	142371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	420.7 KB
ID:	142373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	142375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0498.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	480.6 KB
ID:	142377  
Muleyboy22 likes this.
ocurtis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats on the tag.
If you move to Utah instead of Idaho we are going to send you in for a brain examination.haha.
shaner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Love the pics. I've lived both Utah and Idaho. I like that Utah has the great outdoors and the city life, but idaho sure is an outdoorsman paradise. And it also has lifetime licenses still. Either way, 2 great States to choose from, but you may hunt more in Idaho.
elkunited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2020, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner View Post
Congrats on the tag.
If you move to Utah instead of Idaho we are going to send you in for a brain examination.haha.
ha , I love Idaho and its hard to find any area that competes. however, since I have an office in Sandy and more work in the area than we can handle, it would be a seamless transition! I am sure it will never happen but anything is better than southern california!
Raptorman likes this.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocurtis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner View Post
Congrats on the tag.
ha , I love Idaho and its hard to find any area that competes. however, since I have an office in Sandy and more work in the area than we can handle, it would be a seamless transition! I am sure it will never happen but anything is better than southern california!
I spend 4 years in So Cal - Dana Point to be exact ( was stationed at Pendleton), I loved it. But, there is something about these mountains for sure. I’ll take the mountains over the ocean any day of the week. Congrats on the tag. I have no clue about that area but being from. August - January I’m sure pullin a cow outta there shouldn’t be too hard.
DevilDog09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

It’s not really a new hunt this year. They did this hunt last year. They’ve just added a little bit more to the hunt area and added the word “valley” to the name.

Success ran about 50% and I think the average number of days hunted was around 14. That’s a lot of time spent to kill a cow... and I can’t imagine burning 8 points on a tag that wasn’t at the top of the pick list.

Best of luck to you.
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Owen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMeat View Post
It’s not really a new hunt this year. They did this hunt last year. They’ve just added a little bit more to the hunt area and added the word “valley” to the name.

Success ran about 50% and I think the average number of days hunted was around 14. That’s a lot of time spent to kill a cow... and I can’t imagine burning 8 points on a tag that wasn’t at the top of the pick list.

Best of luck to you.
Haha, definitely didn't burn 8 points, I had one. There was 8 non resident tags available for this hunt

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in