06-23-2020, 03:49 AM
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Covid World or Mountains
This last weekend:
- Saw a bachelor group of about 4-5 bulls, antlers still growing, not fully formed.
- glassed a couple cow elk grazing in a field by themselves.
- glassed a doe off by herself.
- glassed a cow elk defending her calf from a doe.
- bumped two cow elk who were right in my way.
- got within 20 yards of a buck deer, wondering how long it would take until he smelled me since I was upwind.
- heard intermittent bugling on Sunday morning. Just once in awhile, not in full swing yet. Maybe 3 or 4 times total.
- saw no herds formed other then the one bachelor group. Seems like mostly solo cow's, not all have calves.
- saw a few road scouters, and a metric crap ton of campers and OHV riders.
"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees."