> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,683
Threads: 63,215
Welcome to our newest member, Matthewe
Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMeat View Post
Really? You speak for everyone else now? According to the DWR surveys they send out, people want to go hunting. Iíd bet most have several units theyíd happily take tags in, over only picking one unit or nothing.

There would be no complaint. Just like with LE or OIL when I donít draw those every year. Iíll try again next time. But at least I didnít waste a year of applying for a unit that had ZERO tags offered.
I don't claim to speak for everyone. Only those I have talked to, some of which were affected by the results.

I've never advocated for tag cuts or loss of opportunity. I too want to go hunt. Maybe you should attack those that advocated for the cuts.

Should the WB/DWR be held accountable? In hindsight yes. Should there be a change or changes in process? Probably so. But in the end you didn't draw and earned a preference point the same as any other unsuccessful applicant.

Sorry I'm still not feeling sorry for you.
middlefork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #122 (permalink)
PBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
. Itís about over 1,000 Utah hunters applying for permits that were non-existent. Thatís wrong. So maybe even 75% of them wouldnít have changed units, that doesnít change anything. At least they have the choice.
I'll agree with this. It certainly would be nice to know before hand whether or not any tags were allocated to the hunt being applied for. Even when, as was my case, I wouldn't change anything.

Nately: ĎAnything worth living for, is worth dying for.í
Sacrilegious old man: ĎAnd anything worth dying for, is certainly worth living for.'
PBH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBH View Post
I'll agree with this. It certainly would be nice to know before hand whether or not any tags were allocated to the hunt being applied for. Even when, as was my case, I wouldn't change anything.
I agree. I wouldn't have changed my plans and just purchased a preference point. However, it would have been nice knowing going into it that this was the option I had rather than believe I had a 50% chance of drawing only to find out I applied for a non-existent hunt.

Vanilla is right. EVERYONE needs to be writing the Wildlife Board and asking for them to motion that the draw application period be moved until after permit numbers are allocated. And I believe they need to take it a step further, and state exactly how many resident and non resident permits are available for each unit including dedicated hunter so that you know exactly what is available. This isn't a difficult thing to do. They can have the application period in May, and still have the draw results by June 1.. I mean they have the draw results available 7 days after the close of the SFW Expo every February.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
This statement misses the mark big time. Itís not about complaining about not drawing. Itís about over 1,000 Utah hunters applying for permits that were non-existent. Thatís wrong. So maybe even 75% of them wouldnít have changed units, that doesnít change anything. At least they have the choice.

Collecting application fees and advertising a hunt that doesnít exist is plain wrong. Even the cow moose points people were able to buy, they were at least with full disclosure and people knew what they were doing. You know what solves this issue easily and completely? Close the application period after the permit numbers are set. It ainít rocket science.

100% exactly correct!! #MYTAGMYCHOICE
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in