»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,527
Threads: 63,084
Welcome to our newest member, Fernando

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2020, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Fever Has Begun to take effect!!

Got credit card hits and emails.. Hunting Zions this year, got buck tags but focusing on all season elk permit. It will be my first season on this unit and I hear its supposed to be overcrowded, filled with mountain maggots, and overall a tough hunt... But hey, cant be any worse than hunting wasatch front extended archery right? I seemed to do pretty good in that area even with hunters walking through my spots daily. Its funny how many hunters will hike miles and miles and some dont know the best thing to do sometimes is to just sit and watch. Hopefully this weekend or sometime next week I'll have a couple game cams set up and will be able to share some footage. Anyone else hunt this unit that can post up some pics? Ive got the fever bad and would like to see some of the animals captured on cam or harvested from Zions unit. Also any advise would be welcomed but please PM only. I went up there last weekend for the day just for a little looky-loo and get a layout of the land.(found some cool quartz and a couple fossils with the wife.) Its hard to sit here at work right now when all I can think about is Elk screaming in the canyons.
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ray

Congratulations on the tags, it’ll be a fun hunt for sure. I have no personal experience with that unit, so I’ll be no help.

Also, I love hunting the extended! It’s a lot of fun.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2020, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I thought you were just starting to figure out Pine Valley. What happened with that game plan?
What season are you hunting this year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Congratulations on the tags, itíll be a fun hunt for sure. I have no personal experience with that unit, so Iíll be no help.

Also, I love hunting the extended! Itís a lot of fun.
+1
johnrr65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2020, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgetop View Post
I thought you were just starting to figure out Pine Valley. What happened with that game plan?
What season are you hunting this year?
I ended up finding a few big bucks and a couple of sweet honey holes.. That being said. The heat was too much for bow hunting, stalking was a joke on the terrain I was on(way too crunchy, they could hear me 100 yards away even with wool socks). AND NO ELK... well i got one cow on a gamecam one year..

I miss the aspens, the cooler weather, and the elk screaming down the canyon. I'm sure I'll find a few new good spots.

This year I'll be hunting archery deer and buying an all season elk tag. Hoping to get somewhat of an idea of their normal patterns before the real scouting/hunting pressure hits them.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Congratulations on the tags, itíll be a fun hunt for sure. I have no personal experience with that unit, so Iíll be no help.

Also, I love hunting the extended! Itís a lot of fun.

Thank you, I love the extended too =) some of my funner hunts were up there.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groganite View Post
I ended up finding a few big bucks and a couple of sweet honey holes.. That being said. The heat was too much for bow hunting, stalking was a joke on the terrain I was on(way too crunchy, they could hear me 100 yards away even with wool socks). AND NO ELK... well i got one cow on a gamecam one year..

I miss the aspens, the cooler weather, and the elk screaming down the canyon. I'm sure I'll find a few new good spots.

This year I'll be hunting archery deer and buying an all season elk tag. Hoping to get somewhat of an idea of their normal patterns before the real scouting/hunting pressure hits them.
Makes sense. I discovered over the years that it's very, very difficult to hunt deer and elk at the same time. Good luck on your new adventure this year.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in