> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,530
Threads: 63,084
Welcome to our newest member, photographer1z
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2020, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never been hunting before two questions...

Am I going to find anything in the kamas zone for the early buck hunt and would 6.5 Grendel be a good round for deer or should I get a 6.5cm?
Greankrayon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2020, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hardest part of the kamas hunt is to find a buck that will step off the road far enough so you can safely and legally shoot him. Bucks everywhere.

.338 lapua With a 300 gr SMK is what I’d use. those 2 points can be pretty tough to bring down
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm also just getting started hunting. Last year my buddy drew the Kamas tag. He never saw a single buck... He said he would never put in for that unit again.

However, I don't know how hard he hunted/scouted so take it with a grain of salt.
aspiring_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2020, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hunting takes a heck of a lot of patience as I'm sure you're aware of. The more time you spend putting boots to the ground, the higher your chances of success. There is a lot of pressure and the deer know it so push deep and try to go during the week.
cedar likes this.
elkunited is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

There are bucks there just need to put in the time to find them as most places in the state. A 6.5 Creedmoor would be a good rifle to start with and has a lot of good offerings. Of the two Iíd pick the creedmoor based on factory ammo selection and slightly better bullet selection(can go heavier due to higher velocity). Enjoy the new journey and donít over complicate it when you are first starting. There is a ton of room to grow and you donít need the best of everything. All you need to be successful is determination, a tag, good pair of boots, and a rifle that you are comfortable with(donít go too big with caliber, it will just create more problems). Look online at maps, pick an area that looks interesting and go check it out. Start now with the e-scouting and hiking around. Welcome to a new way of life!
hunting777 likes this.
HuntMac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'd be willing to bet that every account on this thread besides elkunited is the same guy. Grow up dude.
RemingtonCountry likes this.
Jedidiah is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Pretty sure HuntMac is legit. The only two on here that I think are the same are the first two.
HuntMac and RemingtonCountry like this.
johnnycake is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

So here is what ya do--first create a new account here at UWN that infers you are a single female looking to get into hunting. Something like 'new-GIRL-hunter' or 'huntn-huntress'...you get the drift.

Second--you find a pic of a good looking girl wearing camo and use it as your avatar picture next to your username. Some here have figured out how to do reverse image lookup so a decent looking female relative would be best--but not too good lookin. Pic needs to be kinda half smiling at the camera, never full face, always half tilted, that way if the female in the pic is a 4/10 they may be able to move up to a 6.5 level which is really what you are going for--6.5's are all the rage in the huntin community . Too pretty and your gonna work against yourself.

Anyways, once you have the profile pic in place then put out there that you are a single lady who watched some outdoor shows (meat eater?) and know nothing about hunting and need help. Buddy--you will get all the info you would ever want on the Kamas deer unit--every honey hole there is will be sent to you via PM! Catfish the heck out of the hound dogs and bleed em for all the info ya can! Better get in soon--cats outa the bag and you may have catfish competition so do this quick. Heck--if ya don't mind wearing a wig I bet a fella could get access on some private land--probably even have the critter gutted and hauled out for ya if you play your cards right!

That.. my friend is the single best advice I can give noobs to the UWN on how to get the very most out of this fine website and it's many fine users!
Airborne is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
I'd be willing to bet that every account on this thread besides elkunited is the same guy. Grow up dude.
Good thing professional betting isnít how you make your living. Youíd be going to McDonaldís for their free wifi if you made bets like this very often
MooseMeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2020, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
So here is what ya do--first create a new account here at UWN that infers you are a single female looking to get into hunting. Something like 'new-GIRL-hunter' or 'huntn-huntress'...you get the drift.

Second--you find a pic of a good looking girl wearing camo and use it as your avatar picture next to your username. Some here have figured out how to do reverse image lookup so a decent looking female relative would be best--but not too good lookin. Pic needs to be kinda half smiling at the camera, never full face, always half tilted, that way if the female in the pic is a 4/10 they may be able to move up to a 6.5 level which is really what you are going for--6.5's are all the rage in the huntin community [IMG class=inlineimg]https://utahwildlife.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]. Too pretty and your gonna work against yourself.

Anyways, once you have the profile pic in place then put out there that you are a single lady who watched some outdoor shows (meat eater?) and know nothing about hunting and need help. Buddy--you will get all the info you would ever want on the Kamas deer unit--every honey hole there is will be sent to you via PM! Catfish the heck out of the hound dogs and bleed em for all the info ya can! Better get in soon--cats outa the bag and you may have catfish competition so do this quick. Heck--if ya don't mind wearing a wig I bet a fella could get access on some private land--probably even have the critter gutted and hauled out for ya if you play your cards right!

That.. my friend is the single best advice I can give noobs to the UWN on how to get the very most out of this fine website and it's many fine users! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://utahwildlife.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/IMG]
😂😂😂 You totally got it. Whatever happened to that one girl that got tons of info last year? Hehe
elkunited is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in