> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 13,530
Threads: 63,084
Welcome to our newest member, photographer1z
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post

I heard some comments that it was going to be a poor year (hence the tag cut). Any reason why you chose the middle of the unit?
After scouting around for a few days before the hunt I picked the area that I was seeing the most deer, no bucks but a lot of does. We took a few rides looking for bucks but we mostly saw elk, a lot of elk. One day we took the loop around the west side up through the private and then back down the east side and only saw 2 bucks with a large group of does a 2pt and a small 3 pt.

During the hunt I saw one real small 2 pt and the buck that I shot on the 5th day.

Talking to other hunters that were out on the muzzy none of them were seeing any bucks and I only heard 2 shots them might of been hunters shooting one.
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
After scouting around for a few days before the hunt I picked the area that I was seeing the most deer, no bucks but a lot of does. We took a few rides looking for bucks but we mostly saw elk, a lot of elk. One day we took the loop around the west side up through the private and then back down the east side and only saw 2 bucks with a large group of does a 2pt and a small 3 pt.

During the hunt I saw one real small 2 pt and the buck that I shot on the 5th day.

Talking to other hunters that were out on the muzzy none of them were seeing any bucks and I only heard 2 shots them might of been hunters shooting one.

Sounds like I have some work cutout for myself! So you were all over the unit looking then? I may have to employ a similar strategy until I find the best numbers then get out and really work the area.

PS: Thats a great coues buck. I havent hunted them (yet) but love chasing the AZ desert mulies.
180ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2020, 10:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

We also drew the tag, kind of excited. We had the same tag in 2017 we seen several bucks and had a great time. I killed a decent 3x4 and brother killed a 3 point. I had to come home early for my sons birth only got to hunt for four days. Should be able to hunt this whole time this year. Wasn’t sure what to expect but we hiked away from roads glassed into canyons and seen a lot of deer just be patient you’ll have fun.
Coast ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in