Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Anybody ever see a Muley do this?

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  elk22hunter 
#1 ·
I saw this pic of a white tail with a second beam on one side. Ever seen a Muley have this kind of non typical growth?

[attachment=0:2ykdz73s]3hornwitetail1.jpg[/attachment:2ykdz73s]

[attachment=1:2ykdz73s]3hornwitetail.jpg[/attachment:2ykdz73s]

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
GaryFish said:
Is this the moose you're talking about?

That is a cool rack, but no. That one looks like it had enormous brow tines. The one I'm thinking of looks like someone stuck the shed from last year on top of this years antler.

I try and find it, but it may take a couple of days.

#30 ·
GaryFish said:
My uncle took a mulie in Idaho in the late 60s that had an extra antler. One side was a heavy, typical 4 point. The other was a large two point. And a third antler (tall spike) grew out of its own base, right next to the 2 point side. He had the head mounted and it was in my cousin's basement forever. My uncle died in '76, and I think his wife finally threw the head away. I always remember seeing that thing and thinking what a freak it was. My Dad had been with him when it was killed. The game warden at the check station figured it had been injured very young and developed a split, or second antler base on its skull.
OK. I was digging through some old photos the other day and found one of the buck I was talking about. I was a bit off with the description, but here it is. This buck was taken near Challis, Idaho in 1968.
[attachment=1:1eu43nr8]Larry and three antler deer.jpg[/attachment:1eu43nr8]
[attachment=0:1eu43nr8]zoomed on antler.jpg[/attachment:1eu43nr8]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.