»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 14,236
Threads: 63,920
Welcome to our newest member, BadMoonRiser

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Born again I400

It seemed we agreed to shorten the season because the average hunter took 2.3 days to harvest.
One thing I posted befor Sagebrush was I wrote that, El Matedor actually wrote that specific one, I posted it. He wrote that after a meeting "we" attended. There is no owner of this, there is nothing set in stone or not debatable about this, if you like it but think it could use something added or taken away lets hear it. Lets add or subtract and re write it and see what it looks like. I do not have all the answers but will recall what descisions have been made and why as best as I can.

I400 is now more important than ever!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

YAAAAAAAWWWWWN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TEX-O-BOB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

I am for anyting Kelee Johnson and the wildlife board are against.

I hate spike hunts
I hate once in a life time elk hunts
I hate rifle rut hunts

I am for
Any hunt resembeling arizona's elk plan. They have half the elk we do, still kill 400" bulls, they don't have spike hunts, and give out more tags.

rifle management elk hunts

cow rifle hunts if herds are over objective

average age bulls 5-6 year olds
35/100 bull to cow ratios

I am for anything that is better then the point bank screw up we have now where every one thinks they are owed a 500" bull, get to shoot from the truck window at a love sick elk, and have a 2 day once in a life time hunt.
swbuckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Perfect post. Arizona does do that, our plan is measured to Arizona's all the time. Arizona has 1/2 the elk, and they give out twice as many tags. You can buy an over the counter elk tag and go out and kill a 400 bull.

Great post. You have obviously been to one of the I400 meetings.

I400 is now more important than ever!

HOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

How exactly does this benefit rifle hunters? Cant we make it benefit both rifle and bow hunters? I dont want to shoot a bow. It is personal preference. I think that the rifle hunt could be better managed by doing smaller units or subunits. There should be more attention payed to the Uintahs. The Uintahs is prime habitat for the elk but is over run by the public. I think putting a management plan on the Uintahs, rifle and bow and muzzleloader, you could have a heck of alot of elk on your hands. Dont even get me started about how I feel about doing this for the deer in the Uintahs!
bigbuck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #16 (permalink)

I like that the archery get to hunt doring the rut not befor. Im alittle lost on the archery getting to take a spike or a cow. So are you saying that if you draw a archery tag under this new rule that you can take a Big bull,spike or a cow? On the washch unite ?Im I understanding that right ?

Happah happah happah!
dkhntrdstn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

Location: Taylorsville, Bountiful, In the hills, By the water

Joey you know my thoughts and feelings on the matter.
weatherby25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck81
How exactly does this benefit rifle hunters? Cant we make it benefit both rifle and bow hunters? I dont want to shoot a bow. It is personal preference. I think that the rifle hunt could be better managed by doing smaller units or subunits. There should be more attention payed to the Uintahs. The Uintahs is prime habitat for the elk but is over run by the public. I think putting a management plan on the Uintahs, rifle and bow and muzzleloader, you could have a heck of alot of elk on your hands. Dont even get me started about how I feel about doing this for the deer in the Uintahs!
A big problem with management of the Uintahs is our neighboring states. They manage to kill off the elk in their hunts when the animals have moved to wintering grounds in their respective states. Hence low quality. Plenty of places to hunt high country?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Why not rotate hunts and hunters every 4 to 5 yrs.? Rifle rut one year, bow rut another, muzzie and so on. This gets better and better. Just think of the possibilities. Oh' we can do it. Keep going and going until everyone is happy. Lets keep going until it is really, really complicated.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

the way you help the rifle hunters out is

letting more tags out for bow hunters. If people can hunt more than once in their life more people will pick up a bow. this will be like a stool softener to the bonus point butt plug.

letting more tags out to rifle hunters when elk are not at their most vulnerable time allows more tags to be given out. this will be another stool softener to the bonus point butt plug.

you are a fool if you think hunting spikes helps anything out with the point system. It kills future big bulls and no one uses their points to hunt them. Killing spikes lowers the bull to cow ratio and limits the top end tags we can give out. Mark my words next year there will be tags cut across the Le units.

I say if you are going to have a spike hunt. Make it pick your region and use your points.
swbuckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in