Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Currant Creek - July 5-7

901 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LOAH 
#1 ·
I had planned on some great photo essay telling about my great family trip to Currant Creek this past week. But I’ll have to save that for some other trip. Here are the highlights of the trip:
-Three days without cell phone or internet. It was great to have the family totally disconnected.
-It never ceases to impress me how much a couple of days in the outdoors can feed the soul.

Fishing Report:
-Didn’t fish as much as I wanted, but that is OK. I caught three fish.
-20 inch tiger trout on rainbow sparkle powerbait, fishing just to the left of the boat ramp. I had my 2 year old daughter and we played on the shore while the big kids were out in the canoe and pontoons paddling around.
-16 inch rainbow, on a #5 countdown rapala, rainbow pattern, “trolling” in my pontoon towards the dam.
-18 inch cut on the same rapala, about half way across the lake, straight out from the boat ramp.

Missteps:
-I planned on many cool pictures, but while helping the kids with the canoe on the boat ramp, my feet slipped out from under me and I landed on my back in the water, with my Nikon point-and-shoot in my pocket. I think I got it dried out now, and I’m not sure how many pictures are on the memory card – I still need to check it. I’m pretty sure the camera is toast now though.

-Heading home Saturday morning, a sharp rock decided to puncture my tire as we were about by the dam on the way out. I put my spare (my 17 year old spare) on only to find that the air had bled out since I checked it before our trip. So I took the trailer off, left it on a jack stand, took the family back home to West Jordan, and 8 tire shops later, got the tires replaced and drove back to the trailer. Got them on and headed home.

-DWR had a check station set up so we stopped. It was at that point I realized I had failed to register my camp trailer (why do we have register camp trailers anyway?) So the nice folks gave me a little pink piece of paper saying I have to give some money to Wasatch County and I should be happy they didn’t impound my trailer.

So the three days away with the family was great, the last day not so much. I caught a few fish. Had to buy two new tires. Ruined my camera, and got a ticket. But in spite of all that, still worth the time away with the family.

Thanks to all the guys that offered me up some fishing tips/advise last week. I appreciate it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I recovered the camera and the pics I was able to take are on the memory card. No pics of the fish, since they were caught after I took the dive, but here is one of my girls in the canoe. They had a GREAT time. Like I said, the outdoors feeds the soul.
[attachment=0:tii5vugh]Hannah Abby Canoe July 2012.JPG[/attachment:tii5vugh]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.