Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Deer Creek..Opps Scolfield

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  blueboy22 
#1 ·
The plan was to Fish Deer Creek Reservoir this Morning and by 5:45am I was entering Provo Canyon, Drinking my Coffee and Rocking out to Selena Gomez's, Love you like a Love song. When I rounded the first turn I seen a Provo City Cop blocking the road, I knew it wasn't going to be good. He said there was a fatality and it would be another Hour and a half till they opened up the Canyon so, I turned around and headed up to Scolfield Reservoir. As you can see, NO ONE, Ha ha.

I was in the Boat at 7:30 sharp and trolling but, 15 minutes later I snagged onto someone's old line and lost my Dodger and Shad Rattle trap Lure that I just Bought :(

No Matter, the Water was like Glass and Fish were Jumping everywhere so I anchored the boat and threw in some Lemon Twist Power Bait and on my other pole, a worm and Power Bait.

WOW, Didn't take long...Small Cutt.

In Fact I got about 14 small Cutthroats But I also got a Little Bow and Chub on the same line.

and 20 minutes later got Two Rainbows on the same line again..

It was really fast action for Dink Cutts from 9-10 am. I got so tired of catching little Cutts on Power Bait, I Tossed some hardware at them and kept catching them Ha ha.

I did manage to get a couple 14 inch Bows and a 14 cutt for dinner.

Also got more then my share of Chub's,

At 12:00 I left the Glassy Pond for home having caught about 20 fish and Happy :).

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.