Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Another boring post

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Leaky 
#1 ·
Went to the Weeb. with Sparky below Echo again to catch dinner. In 2 1/2 hr. caught 7 (6 rainbows and 1 brown), between 15-16 in. Brought home dinner. Caught em all on a Blue Fox Gold. Water, very high and some what off color at 611 scfs. I find it a wonderfully lucky to go somewhere and catch nice trout, no matter what the conditions are and Sparky has a ball as usual. :D
Question - why is it that the browns have red meat and the rainbows, normal color? I'm, assuming it's what they eat, but what do they at that makes it red?

#2 ·
Not sure about the red meat...... BUT

RIDDLE ME THIS:

Two fathers and two sons went fishing one day. They were there the whole day and only caught 3 fish. One father said, that is enough for all of us, we will have one each. How can this be possible?

#3 ·
I will guess that one of them was also Grandpa?
Only 3 in the party.

Back to the Trout.
My guess is that the Rainbow were stocked fish. They will have white colored meat for about a year before the meat turns orange/red from the change of diet.

#5 ·
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnn.....you got boring part right *(u)*

Actually I am more than happy to read posts from you....we played a part in converting you to the ways of the spinning metal that time we went fishing with ya...and of interest....we converted to the art of the fly rod. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! That switch seemed to come out of nowhere! I hope you were not responsible for that Mr Leaker -Ov-

#6 ·
EvilTyeDyeTwin

If the water wasn't so outrageously high, I'd be trying flies. No way to fish em in this high water and dirty unless I used zonkers, buggers, or streamers, weighted like crazy. Spinners are much easier to fish with in these conditions. I thank you guys for that. W/o your help, I'd be w/o fish from the Weeb. this summer. Did I mention, flow was at 611 scfs?

#7 ·
Leaky said:
EvilTyeDyeTwin

If the water wasn't so outrageously high, I'd be trying flies. No way to fish em in this high water and dirty unless I used zonkers, buggers, or streamers, weighted like crazy. Spinners are much easier to fish with in these conditions. I thank you guys for that. W/o your help, I'd be w/o fish from the Weeb. this summer. Did I mention, flow was at 611 scfs?
But now we are without the Pineview Leaky reports! I really thought this would be the year I'd see you catch a tiger muskie. I could imagine Sparky getting bit back by that fish!

#8 ·
tye dye twins
I thought I posted an answer but when I checked it wasn't there. Stolen by the post Gods??
Anyway, what I said, the best I know, was, that the pond is pretty high and access is difficult where we normally fish, especially for him to follow along in the tube. We're going to wait till it goes down a bit.
Actually, while bassun, we have had several encounters with Tigers. Caught several smaller guys in the past, Sparky let's them alone until I release them and then he seems a bit careful. :lol: On a few occasions, I have hooked into a big guy and if he didn't break off right away and got him to the surface to meet The Sparkinator, eye ball to eye ball, the Tiger turned tail and decided, enough of this guy, adios and immediately broke me off.!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: True facts!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.