> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,557
Threads: 56,853
Welcome to our newest member, altaski
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMARINEhuntinfool View Post
Well, the DWR doesn't always tend to do the logical thing. Are they planning to do any habitat improvement in this plan?
Here's the link to the slide presentation. Only 22 pages, so you can find out what they are planning quickly.

Yuba Reservoir Management Plan Meeting and Update
Clarq likes this.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 74 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." ? Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss
dubob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing that presentation Dubob, very helpful. Sounds like they are interested in habitat improvement/fish attractors. I'll contact the lady and see what the intent is, maybe we could get some artificial habitat put together as forum members to donate to the cause.
USMARINEhuntinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Our Chapter has submitted comments to the DNR POC on the Yuba EA. Here's some of the info we recommended to the DNR contact on this EA.

For habitat improvements recommend using juniper trees from wildlife related juniper tree removal projects. Juniper trees would be placed in deeper water 12 feet plus at lowest elevation pools during low water. The only cost would possibly be cement blocks and cable to secure the juniper trees together. Another consideration but possibly more cost prohibitive would be the use of honey hole trees and honey hole shrubs. The shrub would be best suited for areas where water level is lower and not feasible to place in deeper waters where juniper trees or the honey hole tree would be better. See attached photos on honey hole tree and honey hole shrub. We understand all habitat potentials require the agreement from water owners and possibly another EA being done specifically on habitat improvements.

In addition we recommended a mapping study be done to ensure best placement of any potential habitat.
USMARINEhuntinfool likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

I like it! I will not contact her then. I would love to be involved if it comes to fruition though. Have you seen the homemade versions of the honey hole tree/bush? Much less expensive ($15 each if you buy the parts in bulk) can be put together on site or at home and transported much like the honey hole tree/bush.

USMARINEhuntinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Owner NockandStalk.com

They need to do something. It is a good location, I remember when I was kid the pike were awesome!!!

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.