Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Delete Account and Profile?

6K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Is there a way to delete our own profile? If not, there should be.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
There is no way for users to delete their own account. If you would like your account deleted from the forum you can post here requesting it or PM this account or any Admin account on the forum and we can delete it for you.

Did your account removed?

Moderator edit-account deletion has nit ever been allowed and will continue to be the case hopefully. PM sent Helena. Most requesting this are usually back to participating within days and it ruins the context of threads to delete hundreds of posts from a user.

- dm, community support

#6 ·
When an account is deleted, it removes every post the user made. The problem with this is when re-reading old threads there is suddenly a gap that makes no sense to the reader because a key post has been removed.

If you don't want to participate in the forum anymore, that is your right and we would hope that you could have the willpower to simply not post anymore. If you can't stop posting, then a) you clearly like it here, b) have a bizarre addiction that may require professional assistance, c) are bi-polar and will likely change your mind within a short period of time, or d) love to harass our favorite forum poacher.

#8 ·
+11 no account deletion allowed for any reason. As bax said they are always back and even if they arent it ruins the context of every thread in which they have ever participated. If you dont like it dont go away mad just go away....until you change your mind and come back in a week.

#10 ·
As a site owner, I can tell you there is a law in EU requiring websites to delete all user info if requested. It was a pain in the ass in my own case, even though its a USA website, I decided I didnt want to deal with the threats and to just to nuke the account in question. My software actually had a mod created to do just that that I had to track down and install.

-DallanC

#14 ·
Who would want to be deleted when getting banned is so much fun? In all seriousness it is total BS that you can't have your profile deleted. Any programmer could write code that would delete the profile leaving the posts intact without the ex-users screen name attached. The truth is that the advertising value of this site is based upon membership numbers. I like this place and enjoy interacting here but how about some fundamental honesty about the reasons why profiles are not deleted.-------SS

#18 ·
I guess I could see the value of changing the username if you were to use your whole name as your username on here. But when your username is Bunnyhumper19842379 then I really don't see the value.

#20 ·
I wasn't suggesting that you got paid Huge. I only suggested that those who make the rules get paid. If they didn't we wouldn't have advertisements all over the site. If there weren't 20 gazillion members, the advertisers wouldn't pay as much. It's like the Mossback youtube phenomenon. -------SS

#22 ·
You know I was just messing with you on that one! I was just chatting with a forum member today I met and....anywho the site is run the exact same way it always has. You will see from Helena's post in this thread where I edited it after messaging her that we dont allow it as the Utah forum as that has always been the policy and she quickly agreed with the reasoning. I am sure that someone does care about that north of the border, but certainly not here and they still let us maintain the same policies we always have. So, this is still the same forum it always has been no matter what any pooppiler says otherwise as all of the rules are the same they have always been and they let us do our thing like always. the benefit to all members is that if someone disagrees with something the mods do they do have recourse to appeal to the owners for any grievance, but I dont know if that has ever happened.
Anywho, those who dont have thick skin seem to not last long here why they wont take their ball and go home seems immature to me. Like Bax said, if you hate this place so much, don't let the door hit you on the way out I reckon.

#24 ·
Checked to see if my account had been deleateted. Obviously it hasn't. Posted here because I searched to see how and it looked like this was the way.
I don't really give a **** what any one here says or thinks. It's just that a lot of times I've had a ****tail before I made a post.
Not sure why I thought it was a good idea to share my hunting and fishing adventures with complete strangers. But I no longer wish to do that.
Please delete my account.
Thanks

#25 ·
We have all posted dumb things a time or two, but I don't know that anyone frankly would miss any single individual on here. You can certainly attempt to go back and individually delete or modify each one of your posts if you feel strongly enough about it. Not sure how long it will allow a post to be edited, but if it matters enough to you feel free to try and good riddance, and good luck with all of your hunting and fishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.