»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,562
Threads: 56,878
Welcome to our newest member, Terk

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Looking for work?

These are tough times, and if you're looking for work, please feel free to make a post in this thread to tell us what kind of job you're looking for. We've all been there at one point or another, so good luck with the search!
UWN admin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Looking for work?

My son is 22 years old and just got layed off from a yard maintenance job and is desperately seeking anything he can get right now. Especially since he just purchased a new car 3 months ago. He has worked in auto sales a bit and also spent some time with a glass company installing windows and glass in buildings. He picks stuff up pretty quick and is pretty darned smart. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you to stay out of my personal affairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGene
My son is 22 years old and just got layed off from a yard maintenance job and is desperately seeking anything he can get right now. Especially since he just purchased a new car 3 months ago. He has worked in auto sales a bit and also spent some time with a glass company installing windows and glass in buildings. He picks stuff up pretty quick and is pretty darned smart. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

I know of an apartment complex looking for a Maintenance tech. Get a hold of me if you think this may work.

I'm looking for anyone who needs anything pained. House, deck, Exterior of house. I'm really slow right now, so my prices may be cheaper than you think. No job to big or small. I work from ogden to orem, Tooele, To park city.
fixed blade XC-3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have mentioned it before elsewhere, but I will now post it here.

I have been out of work since October 2008, and aparently that is not going to change anytime soon on my own.
I have over 1000 resumes and online applications out along with dozens of paper apps, and have had exactly 2 emails (thanks but no thanks), 4 phone calls, 2 of which was someone askng ME if I knew anyone with MORE experience than I had, so they could hire THEM, instead of me.
And 2 of which resulted in interviews which as of this date have not resulted in job offers, or anything else.

I have a class A CDL license with no endorsements except airbrakes, 10+ years of class B experience and about 1 year of class A. (no OTR exp.)
Some heavy equipment experience; Front end loaders, skid steers, some back hoe. Roller compactor.
Nearly 20 years of forklift experience, all types, all environments.
Warehouse, shipping, and related.
Can swing a hammer and operate a saw without removing any random body parts, and am also pretty decent with a computer.

Any suggetions will be greatly appreciated.
Artoxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I know direct t.v hires alot of people. I worked there for awhile 2yrs ago. i was bringing home about a $1000 bucks a week Just install recievers & dishes. it was easy to do (sometimes) and it pays more if you had your own vehicle. good luck to everyone.
elkaholic226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Artoxx, PM me I might be able to do something for you. Go to the DMV and add doubles and triples to your license and I'll have you a job on Tuesday
Greenhead 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

The company I work for is looking for a CDL driver.Must have tank and hazmat endorsements.PM me for contact information.

Those that are happy about option2 deserve a kick in the junk for being stupid!
luv2fsh&hnt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

I just got laid off last week. I am now a married father of 3 little girls lookin for work. I specialize in big timber constuction: gazebos, pergolas, arbors, trellis, lattice, log work. I also do framing, decks, and finish carpentry. I had my own company last summer but do to the economic situation I didnt renew my license this year. Check out this website: http://kctimbersmithing.blogspot.com/ . That is just some pictures of some jobs I did last summer and it shows the quality and standard of my work. So if any of you guys know of someone that needs a qualified guy or someone that needs something built let me know!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nice craftsmanship coydogg !!

Pm on the way..
Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Why thanks for the compliment. Timber construction is what I love and take a lot of pride in doing it. I have a ton more jobs I have done that I need to have my wife put on the blogspot. I also built almost everything you see that comes from Utah Timber Frame and Mountain View Timbers. If you are ever driving north on I 15 coming from Utah county take a glance at the timber structure I built in a nursery just north of the Game Processing sign. That thing was fun.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.