Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Grouse Torridos

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bax* 
#1 ·
This is probably my favorite recipe for grouse.

You will need:

-Grouse meat cubed into about 1" pieces
-Jalapeno peppers (no seeds)
-Bacon (thick cut)
-Soy sauce
-1 lime
-1 bunch green onions
-Toothpicks

Sauce
Mix 1/2 bottle of soy sauce with fresh squeezed lime juice (the lime juice that comes in a bottle isn't as good as a fresh lime), slice up the green onion and mix all three together. Set aside. (Do not cook this sauce).

Poppers
Cube up your grouse meat, vertically slice peppers and remove seeds, place meat on pepper slice and wrap in bacon, skewer with a toothpick to hold the bacon and grouse meat in place on the pepper.

Pan fry the bacon wrapped piece of deliciousness. It is really important that you pan fry these and not cook them on the BBQ. The bacon grease really infuses flavor into the grouse meat. DO NOT COOK WITH THE SOY SAUCE.

Drizzle the cooked product with the sauce.

Eat.

Be sad that you don't have more.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Dang. Looks good.

I ate some grouse on the deer hunt. Wish I would have cooked it up this way.

Dude... My mouth waters every time I think about this treat. You'd be a deer camp hero with these.

#6 ·
Random thought here - we tried making these at deer camp last season with a grouse that I shot and grilled them on the BBQ. I HATED them. Bacon on the BBQ tastes terrible IMHO. These must be pan fried to make them taste right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.