> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,524
Threads: 56,729
Welcome to our newest member, Philip
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Just built a house, about choked on bids I got. I found a crew of 2 guys who work for a roofing company who do work on the side for $30/square. My roof was about 46 squares, so almost $1,400. That is a 5/12 pitch roof. I supplied all materials that Intermountain roofing delivered on roof for free. Not insured, not licensed, but they do most of the roofs in my area and came highly recommended by 2 builders. Saved me about $3,000. Materials were about $4,600 for 30 year architectural. House is 2,600 sf plus garage of 1,200 sf.
riptheirlips likes this.
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 06:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge29 View Post
Just built a house, about choked on bids I got. I found a crew of 2 guys who work for a roofing company who do work on the side for $30/square. My roof was about 46 squares, so almost $1,400. That is a 5/12 pitch roof. I supplied all materials that Intermountain roofing delivered on roof for free. Not insured, not licensed, but they do most of the roofs in my area and came highly recommended by 2 builders. Saved me about $3,000. Materials were about $4,600 for 30 year architectural. House is 2,600 sf plus garage of 1,200 sf.
Do you have a number and where are they located.
riptheirlips is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 08:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I am in Carbon county where he does a lot of work. Pretty sure they came out of Utah County. Do your own due dilligence, did a great job on my house...Lupe 801-602-3748
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rands Roofing out of North Ogden (801-782-1829) did ours and my in-laws after that nasty hail storm and did a great job.
Greenhead_Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge29 View Post
As someone who has gone through the trouble and expense to become a licensed contractor in the state of Utah I find the above post offensive. I report and pay taxes on my revenue. I pay the employers share of social security on my guys, my workers comp, state and federal unemployment tax, and liability insurance to protect myself and my customers.

I pay the annual or biannual fees to the Dept. of Commerce and the Dept. of Professional licensing. I have taken the state tests that demonstrates my competency in Utah contract law, OSHA safety rules, current building codes, and take the required classes to recertify every other year to keep abreast of any changes made to the above. I am registered with and pay fees to the U.S. Dept. of Transportation so I can safely and legally transport my equipment on state and federal roadways.

I also screen my employees for criminal history, drug use, and citizenship, again, to protect my customers.

So when I read of someone gloating about the use, and promoting a non licensed contractor, I am offended. I hate cheaters of any kind, be it in sports, taxes, and even game laws. So to promote and reward the cheaters of the world to me is unconscionable. It's a character issue.

Last edited by Kevin D; 02-17-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Kevin D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sagebrush

If I'm not mistaken huge works at a bank

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.