Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Close to Home

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  mikevanwilder 
#1 ·
Had this sent to me. So FWIW

This bear was hit and killed by a car this morning (4/25/2012) on the freeway near Devils Slide. Confirmed by DNR is what I had sent. Be careful along the Weeb could this be the only one?? :| :|

[attachment=0:3nk9uo1a]Bear.jpg[/attachment:3nk9uo1a]

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
A couple of years ago they had bear warning signs on the middle Provo river just above Deer Creek. About a decade before that we found a mountian lion that had drowned in Deer Creek. It must have hit some bad ice at the ea=nd of the season.

I think that people would be surprised at how many of these animals actualy make a living or pass through their neighborhoods.

#5 ·
:shock: Whaat!?!? It was only a matter of time...

a_bow_nut said:
I think that people would be surprised at how many of these animals actualy make a living or pass through their neighborhoods.
Absolutely! About a week ago, I pull out of the driveway, only to come head on with a deer! I live in a very suburban neighborhood setting in Roy and NEVER imagined something like that would be on my street... I was totally frozen, while my kids yelled "Deer! Deer!".. I didn't even think to grab my phone and snap some pics.. My mind could not comprehend what it is was trying to process. Something I and my kids will never forget...

#7 ·
Kind of a funny shaped head for a black bear? I know many black bear are brown, but that head seems shaped more like a grizzly. I'm no bear expert though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.