> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,646
Threads: 57,215
Welcome to our newest member, Anglers
Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Utahs chance to really fight the public lands transfer.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43923640&nid=757

We need to elect a candidate that understands what public lands really are and mean to sportsman. It a great opportunity to get us a real voice.
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

I agree, it may be an opportunity for a chance for change...it may be a snowball's chance, but hey, it's a chance.
R
rjefre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopermat View Post
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43923640&nid=757

We need to elect a candidate that understands what public lands really are and mean to sportsman. It a great opportunity to get us a real voice.
Too bad my rep(Bishop) hasn't had a similar awakening. Chaffetz and Bishop have been horrendous regarding their stance on Federal public land management. (Also, Stewart, Hatch, et al.)

It would be great to have someone who is a vocal proponent of public lands take the seat here. Seems like the democratic candidate is competent and reasonable. Will be interesting to see how the race unfolds.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2017, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjefre View Post
I agree, it may be an opportunity for a chance for change...it may be a snowball's chance, but hey, it's a chance.
R
Things are only impossible if you think they are. On May 31, 1904, Winston Churchill walked into the House of Commons and took a seat on the Liberal side, thereby switching sides because the Liberal policies more closely adhered to his beliefs than those of the Tories. Everyone should have the courage to act on his convictions.

Chaffetz is such an offensive tool that his not running will be better for Republicans. Dr. Allen was in my residency program in the early 80's. I'll support her over any Republican because she'll represent my beliefs.

Oh, and O'Reilly's out at Fox. Who'd a thunk? Anything can happen.

Last edited by paddler; 04-19-2017 at 08:29 PM.
paddler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

The chance of someone with a D by their name, getting voted into Chaffetz empty seat is about the same as me finding Big Foot. The chance of a Republican not wanting he land grab, even less. Vic
ZEKESMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEKESMAN View Post
The chance of someone with a D by their name, getting voted into Chaffetz empty seat is about the same as me finding Big Foot. The chance of a Republican not wanting he land grab, even less. Vic
Ever the optimist, eh Vic?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

I see it as an opportunity. If we make it a major issue during the campaigns we could open the eyes of the blind voters. Now is the time to press the issue in ways that haven't been done. If a candidate make public lands a major issue in thier campaign we might have a chance. I don't care what party they are public lands must remain public.
rjefre and #1DEER 1-I like this.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

What I hope for? Either a reasonable republican who doesn't support transferring or selling our public lands, or a reasonable democrat that doesn't hold to some of the policies that are simply ridiculous outside of public lands. Either way, this is a good opportunity to vote someone more public land friendly into his spot. It would be nice to see a little more balance in Utah because the anti-public land politicians is getting old. I agree with Hooper, open peoples eyes to this issue, make it a bigger part of the campaign for election, and scare politicians away from the transfer idea. I'm with Randy Newberg, it's time to make the idea of transferring or selling public land as toxic to a politician as gun control. You have to start somewhere. I could care less if someone with a D or and R fills his shoes, I care they don't support the transfer or sale of public land.
ZEKESMAN and Hoopermat like this.
#1DEER 1-I is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler View Post
Ever the optimist, eh Vic?
Ever the realist. Look at who Utah voted for President. Look a our Governor, Look at our own Mike Lee and Jason Chaffets. The only place a Dem can win is SLC. I don't vote it is a waste of my time and energy. Vic
ZEKESMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Due to reasons both related and unrelated to what we talk about here, I am as happy as anyone that Chaffetz is leaving. My bet is that we haven't seen the last of him and that he will run for Governor in 2020. It will be an interesting campaign as the potential "R" candidates are coming out as well with the news. It does seem like a longshot for Dr. Allen to win, but it has happened before. Remember Bill Orton? (or was it Bob?.. no Bob was the professional wrestler ) I suppose from what I've read so far, Dr. Allen would have my support at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler View Post
Dr. Allen was in my residency program in the early 80's. I'll support her over any Republican because she'll represent my beliefs.
OK Paddler, here is your chance. You know the candidate personally, I don't. Tell us about her, especially what she is like beyond the usual spin all candidates will put out about themselves.
ZEKESMAN likes this.
Catherder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.