Utahs chance to really fight the public lands transfer. - Page 3 - Utah Wildlife Network

» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,651
Threads: 57,231
Welcome to our newest member, mack2017
Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobit View Post
So- If you want to go mountain biking and smoke M. J. in public land, you vote Dem. If you want to be able to hunt and live in a decent country, you vote Rep. If you want to live in a free country you vote Libertarian.
Not only is this just a bad oversimplification of this, it is absolutely wrong. There are republicans who have come around to understand public lands and there are democrats who are not bad on guns. The problem is both parties throw out candidates that fit their party platform most closely. Both parties give you two evils and let you pick the lesser of them hoping it is their candidate wins. Both are way off base on different issues. I want a decent candidate (preferably republican so they can win in this state) who is willing to stand up and buck the party platform and NOT support the transfer of public lands. That's all I want from our states representatives. This state has some of the most amazing parks, BLM, and national Forests in the nation. They need to remain public. I don't care who keeps them public, or what party they belong to, I care they remain public and good wildlife habitat.
#1DEER 1-I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert Elk View Post
Normally the politicians in favor of federal control of land are Democrats, not Republicans as we have all seen throughout this entire debacle.

So, if you elect the one in favor of federal control of land - let's say a Democrat - what will you have to give the Democrat party in return...?
Well, let's see. You wouldn't be taking health insurance from 24,000,000 people to give tax breaks for the wealthy, you wouldn't voucherize Medicare, you'd support equal rights and voting rights, you wouldn't build a wall, you'd fully investigate Trump's conflicts of interest and the Russian interference with our election both in 2016 and the future, you'll look for collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, you wouldn't be paying outrageous amounts of money for him to play golf in Mar-a-Lago, you wouldn't see the Secret Service paying Trump's resort $35,000 in golf cart rental fees to protect him while he plays golf, you wouldn't lift sanctions so that Exxon can work with Rosneft, you wouldn't have the guy who sued the EPA a dozen on behalf of the Koch brothers running the EPA, you wouldn't have a Friend of Russia as our Secretary of State, you wouldn't see Bears Ears rescinded or reduced, and you wouldn't have a narcissistic pathological liar with a 19 word vocabulary and the attention span of a newt as the leader of the free world. Enough? Wait till I get going....
ZEKESMAN likes this.

Last edited by paddler; 04-21-2017 at 01:03 PM.
paddler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

Or we can just focus on public lands so this doesn't get shut down.....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Dunkem likes this.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #24 (permalink)

Let's just stick to public lands.
Dunkem likes this.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

So are we seeing a continuing trend. Talks of Herbert not running and bishop refusing to meet people and not showing up for debates and town halls.

This is what we want. We want the idea of transfer of public lands to be a toxic stance to a politician.
ZEKESMAN likes this.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Dang it. I thought the part about a 19 word vocabulary and the attention span of a newt was entertaining.

I agree, though. I really think Chaffetz felt the heat for all the malarky he's pulled over the years. Politicians should pay a price for cronyism and trying to steal our public lands for their own benefit. We need moderates in office who represent mainstream views. Preserving public lands, conservation, clean air and water, etc, all all very mainstream. Special interests need not apply.
Kwalk3 likes this.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

This is what I see in this Republican State, We have one of the highest state tax levels in the US. We have one of the lowest per pupil spending rates in the US, our welfare and social programs are terrible, our roads are terrible, we waste money on lawsuits that our own attorney general says we can't win. Where is the fiscal responsibility? Where does our money go? Vic
ZEKESMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEKESMAN View Post
This is what I see in this Republican State, We have one of the highest state tax levels in the US. We have one of the lowest per pupil spending rates in the US, our welfare and social programs are terrible, our roads are terrible, we waste money on lawsuits that our own attorney general says we can't win. Where is the fiscal responsibility? Where does our money go? Vic
Zeeke I love you and paddler are passionate about public lands, let's keep the conversation steered towards public lands here. I'd rather discuss it here and not see the post get locked by the mods or you guys banned.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.