> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,561
Threads: 56,878
Welcome to our newest member, SportEAR
Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone Ever heard of this new group BGF

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4936797-1...-local-control

From what I have read it is a spin off of the SFW group.
For some reasons our state has and is givimg them quite a bit of money.
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bax* and stillhunterman like this.
middlefork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its been around for quite a while now. According to this quote they formed in 2010.

Quote:
Big Game Forever, a Utah-based nonprofit that spun off Sportsman for Fish and Wildlife in 2010, has secured hundreds of thousands of dollars in state money during the past four years to evict the gray wolf from the endangered species list. But the group’s founders Don Peay and Ryan Benson have not disclosed where the money goes in their reports to the Legislature and to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR).

-DallanC
Longgun, wyogoob and Bax* like this.
DallanC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yep, BGF has received taxpayer dollars for several years now, and nobody knows what they have done with the money. Government funded slush fund for Benson and Peay. The legislature gives them lots of money for nothing, they probably get chicks for free, too. Another sterling example of local politicians playing favorites, lack of oversight, and likely malfeasance. The Trib has covered this pretty well.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

"Some of these matters are sensitive. This is not something to be discussed in public. I think we got our money's worth. I really do," Noel told colleagues.

my favorite quote. pathetic.
Trooper likes this.
Stimmy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmy View Post
"Some of these matters are sensitive. This is not something to be discussed in public. I think we got our money's worth. I really do," Noel told colleagues.

Yep. I don't understand how the legislature gets away with this crap year after year. One would think an audit is in order.
Hoopermat likes this.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmy View Post

Maybe we did and maybe we didn't. This group, who ever the He** they are, don't need to tell anybody, especially the nosy *amn public, how they spent the millions of tax dollars we give 'em every year. It's none yo **** concern, so shut up, pay up and be content. Look, if the beloved friend of everything outdoors, Mike Noel says "it's all good, then by God it's all good"! So, pipe down and stay the *%%##** out of it!
BPturkeys is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

I remember when they got funded for the Utah wolf "problem" It was when I started the "Wolves on Trailcam" thread. Remember those days? Wolves everywhere in Utah, even behind the U of U.

Ridiculous....uh..not the "Wolves on Trailcam" thread, but the "problem".

see: Wolves on trail cam

Makes one wonder who was starting many of the Utah wolf sighting stories, with few, if any, pictures or videos of Utah wolves.

Longgun likes this.

Last edited by wyogoob; 04-10-2017 at 06:19 PM.
wyogoob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

BGF is a fraud on Utah tax dollars. It's absolutely unconscionable to me that our elected officials continue to give them money. It started out to keep the wolf out of Utah. When that well dried up, now it has gone to all about the sage grouse listing.

We continue to pump money to them, and they have zero accountability to the public, yet are very well-funded by public tax dollars. (Sound familiar? Don has figured this crap out!)

If there is any saving grace, more legislators are starting to ask about this. Maybe enough will get contacted by their constituents demanding action and accountability on this so that the legislators will start to care.

Have you reached out to your elected officials and asked for an answer and an accounting on this topic?
Kwalk3 likes this.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
BGF is a fraud on Utah tax dollars. It's absolutely unconscionable to me that our elected officials continue to give them money. It started out to keep the wolf out of Utah. When that well dried up, now it has gone to all about the sage grouse listing.

We continue to pump money to them, and they have zero accountability to the public, yet are very well-funded by public tax dollars. (Sound familiar? Don has figured this crap out!)

If there is any saving grace, more legislators are starting to ask about this. Maybe enough will get contacted by their constituents demanding action and accountability on this so that the legislators will start to care.

Have you reached out to your elected officials and asked for an answer and an accounting on this topic?
Good idea. I'll do that. Here's an article about how our legislature spends our money:

http://www.sltrib.com/home/5027554-1...lature-its-pet

I don't know if that was a separate bill or a line item added to the budget at the last minute. I think it was the latter, but will check it out.

Last edited by paddler; 04-11-2017 at 09:14 AM.
paddler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.