> Search
 > FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,649
Threads: 57,225
Welcome to our newest member, jarhead1229
Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Wasn't Sonny Perdue a Quarterback for the Houston Oilers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyogoob View Post
Words alone can not express how excited I am.

Uh...the National Forests are under the Department of Agriculture, not Interior. Governor of Georgia Sonny Perdue will be running the National Forests making sure that all outdoor enthusiasts will get to share the new logging and oil n gas roads in our National Forests.

I was just kiddin'. Usually new logging and oil n gas roads in the National Forests are locked up.

Hey, top of the page!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Zinke was vocal today in support of the repeal of BLM Planning 2.0. When the Sec. of Interior is using the hashtag #EnergyIndependence and heralds the repeal of a planning mechanism allowing for more public input as sound policy, I'm beginning to think my optimism would have been better served elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/SecretaryZinke/s...50280107577345

Energy is extremely important. I understand that, but there are plenty of voices and $$ to speak for energy. In my opinion, there are too few that are willing to speak out in support of preservation of public lands. The balance can be struck somewhere in the middle. I'm now afraid the middle may have moved a long way away from where I hoped it was.
Kwalk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwalk3 View Post
Zinke was vocal today in support of the repeal of BLM Planning 2.0. When the Sec. of Interior is using the hashtag #EnergyIndependence and heralds the repeal of a planning mechanism allowing for more public input as sound policy, I'm beginning to think my optimism would have been better served elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/SecretaryZinke/s...50280107577345

Energy is extremely important. I understand that, but there are plenty of voices and $$ to speak for energy. In my opinion, there are too few that are willing to speak out in support of preservation of public lands. The balance can be struck somewhere in the middle. I'm now afraid the middle may have moved a long way away from where I hoped it was.
Zinke isn't extreme; he's reasonable. We are finally back to reasonable after 8 years of America hating Do Gooders in government. Yeah want to know how I really feel?
OriginalOscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

I would rather discuss the actual issue than revert to team sport politics and rhetoric. Do you have specific concerns about BLM 2.0 that have been alleviated now that it has been repealed?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwalk3 View Post
You first. Two part question.

-Does your idea of preservation allow for energy development?

-What does your middle look like?
OriginalOscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalOscar View Post
You first. Two part question.

-Does your idea of preservation allow for energy development?

-What does your middle look like?
1. Responsible energy development is important. Absolutely.

2. My middle involves a real understanding that while energy development is an integral part of multiple use, it's not the only use.

I would prefer there be more emphasis placed on public input on blm lands. I think energy development should be carefully considered and planned to create as little lasting effect on our landscapes as possible.

I think Zinke believes a lot of this and I'm not implying that he is extreme. Im certainly not extreme either.

I started this thread optimistically. I am still hopeful he will truly be an advocate for preservation of access and public lands. I would rather he advocated for those things than energy independence. Energy development has plenty of advocates and money driving it. In stark contrast, support for the preservation of public lands appears to be waning/nonexistent on the right.

Toeing the party line and reducing regulations and public input doesn't do much to assure that energy development is done responsibly going forward. That's where my concern is, and I think it's reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
rjefre, Bax* and swampfox like this.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

I talked with someone with the Farm Bureau. When I asked why he didn't support 2.0, his basic response was it gave the public too much power in the planning process. Then he said that now that it is repealed we can give more power back to AUM holders and industries on the lands. Bad answer. BLM planning 2.0 was not perfect, but it was a revision in planning that was a step in the right direction. My guess is any sportsman who is against it didn't read the rule. It took more power away from special interests and gave it to the public. Like I said it wasn't perfect, but instead of rolling it completely back it should have been fine tweaked. Instead the way this rule was repealed another similar rule cannot be re-written. So now we have went back 34 years to the same planning process that everyone complains about. The repeal of 2.0 was bad for the public and bad for public lands. It further entrenches the frustrations that fuel the land transfer movement. I would rather take a few steps forward and stumble once or twice than not try to move forward at all or worse take two steps back. At some point you need to move forward and improve things even if they aren't perfect. Hopefully we can see a new planning process within this administration that will simplify and involve the publics voice better, but as of now repealing 2.0 was a step backward. I like Ryan Zinke and have high hopes that he will improve things in his time at the DOI, time will tell if he truly means what he says.
Kwalk3 and swampfox like this.

Last edited by #1DEER 1-I; 03-27-2017 at 11:59 PM.
#1DEER 1-I is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

After killing 2.0 Trump said this, "we are going to remove every job-killing regulation we can find".
Now, read that very slowly, doesn't that really say "corporate growth and profits are the only test we will use"??
"Job killing", "job creating", "job this, job that"...these are all code for corporate growth and higher profits...code to confuse the great unwashed. Corporations aren't interested in creating jobs for lord sakes. Employees are a liability that every corporation in the world wishes they could reduce.
Zinke works for Trump...this mentality will be put forward or Zinke will be gone in the morning. Don't be fooled for a minute that we don't have a fox guarding the hen house.
BPturkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

As a guy that enjoys the outdoors (hunting, fishing, hiking, biking), I realize that these federal decisions will have a direct impact on my ability to enjoy our lands. Reading these posts from a variety of perspectives is valuable to me...please accept my gratitude for offering your voices...I learn a lot from these forums! Somewhere in the middle, there has to be a way to mange America's lands for the benefit of ALL of us, which would entail some compromises. I am still cautiously optimistic.
R
wyogoob, #1DEER 1-I, Bax* and 1 others like this.
rjefre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #20 (permalink)

BLM Planning 2.0 Repealed

Started a new thread about Planning 2.0 Repeal not specific to Secretary Zinke. Would love to hear where everyone's coming from in regards to this rule being repealed and why it is a good or bad thing.
wyogoob likes this.

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.