> FAQ
» Stats
Members: 11,644
Threads: 57,200
Welcome to our newest member, tophunter
Like Tree47Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Public Lands

My wife, daughter and I went to Chaffetz's town hall tonight. They moved it from the Cottonwood Heights City Hall to the auditorium at Brighton High because they expected a larger than normal turnout. We arrived shortly before the appointed time of 7:00PM, but couldn't get inside. The place was packed, they closed the doors at 6:30. Brighton High has 2500 kids. Not sure what the auditorium holds, but it should be lots. There were at least 2000 people outside, many of whom were chanting, "Keep Your Hands Off Our Lands".

Heartening to see the turnout. Street parking was full for blocks around the school, people were engaged, excited and generally p*ssed off at the lack of responsiveness of our congressional delegation. Time to stand up and be heard, gentlemen. Let Bishop, Love, Stewart, Chaffetz, Lee and Hatch we're watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I watched part of the meeting. It was a little beyond my liking of things but I agree. Utahns and especially sportsmen need to keep involved and let our politicians realize they answer to us. Be heard, but be respectful.
2full likes this.
#1DEER 1-I is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

http://www.sltrib.com/news/4896676-1...affetz-rebuffs
JuniorPre 360 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2017, 04:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
West side Utah Lake

The screaming and yelling is beyond reprehensible. The lunatics on the left are acting like spoiled brats. When you are incapable of having a civil discourse to discuss your differences you show your true colors. They are too damned stupid to realize that they're turning people away from them rather than bringing people to their viewpoints.
Finnegan, 2full and klbzdad like this.
LostLouisianian is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 07:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Jason Chaffetz town hall--Feb 9th
gdog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

I was told there was a group there chanting Black lives matter?
Old 02-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

Based on the 10 PM news report, it appeared that the meeting was packed and dominated by folks from the "far left", with their accompanying chants and noise, and public lands issues weren't even a significant part of the discussion.
Catherder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
Based on the 10 PM news report, it appeared that the meeting was packed and dominated by folks from the "far left", with their accompanying chants and noise, and public lands issues weren't even a significant part of the discussion.
Honestly I'm okay with it at this point. I would rather this issue was not wrapped up with those people in a big way. I saw a few people wearing orange on the live feed sitting there being civil. Sad part is, they may have won him re-election with the way they acted.
#1DEER 1-I is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

I made it inside, and the first maybe 15 minutes or so were about public land issues. He will not be backing down from 622, and when he was specifically asked about why he voted against the BLM Planning Rule 2.0, he deflected and did not answer. I don't think he is a friend of sportsmen at all. I can confirm that the meeting was packed and that it was certainly a left-leaning group. I never heard any black lives matter chants, just chants of "do your job", "let them in" (when there were a bunch of seats available in the back and the fire marshall wouldn't let anyone else in), and chants about public lands outside the building. It was frustrating that there was so much yelling so that it made it difficult to have an actual discussion/argument. But before we disparage the left too much, there were some very good public lands questions brought up by non-hunting outdoor recreation users (particularly by one guy who was a river guide and happened to run in to Chaffetz on the river last summer and had a good long chat with him then), and we are really going to need those left-leaning recreation users if this public lands fight continues to advance.
Catherder likes this.
swampfox is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2017, 10:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1DEER 1-I View Post
Honestly I'm okay with it at this point. I would rather this issue was not wrapped up with those people in a big way. I saw a few people wearing orange on the live feed sitting there being civil. Sad part is, they may have won him re-election with the way they acted.
Now maybe you understand my frustration on the other thread. Things are becoming flat out ridiculous. People need to figure it out.
Kwalk3 likes this.
Vanilla is online now   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Utah Wildlife Network forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.